Post-Game Talk: {NCAA} Wisconsin vs. Michigan State (7 pts in 2 games for Caufield - 4G, 3A)

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
He looks extremely good in some areas. Like NHL quality in some areas but other areas still need to be worked on. It’s a hard case with him because he will succeed with his passing in the NHL 100% he’s got some great deception in his passes.
He still needs seasoning. And like some have said, if COVID didn’t have such a hold on the economy, he would benefit from 1 more year in NCAA and then possibly 1 season in the A and I believe he’s be ready ready, no like kotka and Chucky ready.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
he's done in the NCAA, if he's dominating the league in his age 19 season, it's time to move on to the AHL and a better coach in Bouchard imo.
He isn’t dominating though.. he’s doing well, and showing flashes of NHL sniper and playmaker but dominating is the whole league is playing like a normal year and he’s above and beyond everyone and carrying the team on his back. He’s doing great but we can’t get ahead of ourselves.
I agree with the A though. But again I think he’s the type of player who plays his best with better players.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He isn’t dominating though.. he’s doing well, and showing flashes of NHL sniper and playmaker but dominating is the whole league is playing like a normal year and he’s above and beyond everyone and carrying the team on his back. He’s doing great but we can’t get ahead of ourselves.
I agree with the A though. But again I think he’s the type of player who plays his best with better players.

leading the NCAA in goals and no player in the league has more points, all while playing most of the season with zero help unless you think Pelton-Byce and Weissbach are NHL level talents.

he had a bit of a slow start but since then he's been dominating.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Gillings.. honey, baby..
1st in goals and 1st in points at just turned 20 in a league that has 23 and 24 yr olds. On a mediocre hockey program. Is dominating.
Not only is he doing the things you're saying he's not, what exactly does he need to do more for you to consider dominating?
Nobody is claiming he's gonna hands down dominate the AHL and then dominate the NHL, were all patiently waiting to see how he will do when he gets to those levels, and were obviously hoping he will do well, but we're just living in the moment right now, and at the moment, he's dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad