Post-Game Talk: {NCAA} Wisconsin vs. Michigan State (7 pts in 2 games for Caufield - 4G, 3A)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Guhle is 18. I would wait until 20/21 years old before to see him in the show. He will learn in the ahl and thats allright. Nonneed to rush him but romanov/weber and guhle/petry would be sick

yeah there is no rush.

In fact after Mete, Fleury, Poehling, I hope there are enough good D ahead of him that it takes him time to earn a spot - unless he's just really really good, really really early.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm super high on Holloway. The guy is a f***ing unreal skater.

Gives full effort every shift too, he’s got really good defensive hockey IQ as well.

The offence is starting to roll for him now which is good.

He’s probably my favourite Oiler prospect, I love so much of what he does away from the puck that our team needs. Probably needs another year at Wisconsin as he’s just establishing himself as the #1C there and needs to keep working on his offensive game with his stick handling and puck skills. Lots to like though with the way he plays.

Caufield looks pretty close to NHL ready he’s dominant offensively at this level. If he’s got a good look with a shot he doesn’t miss it too often. Fun player to watch as I’m cheering for the Badgers.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I noticed a video on youtube comparing Caufield's developement to Johnny Gaudreau and that last shift he just had definitely gave me some Johnny Hockey vibes hehe. Could Caufield become a poor man's Gaudreau? I believe Caufield is much more than a shooter and if his game translate to the NHL, he's going to be a point producing machine

Maybe a poor man's Gaudreau with a rich man's Cammalleri shot.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
I noticed a video on youtube comparing Caufield's developement to Johnny Gaudreau and that last shift he just had definitely gave me some Johnny Hockey vibes hehe. Could Caufield become a poor man's Gaudreau? I believe Caufield is much more than a shooter and if his game translate to the NHL, he's going to be a point producing machine
I sure hope his ceiling in the nhl will be more than just a poor mans Gaudreau. Or are we looking at a 50-60 pts at best?

Edit: i forgot about Gaudreaus 99pts season. I thought he was ppg or like a 75pts player.

Last edited:

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Best thing that could have happened to Caufield's career is a so-so WJC. Probably made him hungry, very hungry.

Reactions: 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Best thing that could have happened to Caufield's career is a so-so WJC. Probably made him hungry, very hungry.

It was the same thing last year. He had an underwhelming WJC (where he was poorly used), and when he returnes to Wisconsin, he went on a tear.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

That goal there is why I had no fear with Habs taking this kid. He's not just a great shot who can score from the perimeter.

He has great hands in tight and is sneaky about hanging around the net. He finds dead spots on the ice to get open and has the hands to pull the puck from traffic and shoot in one motion in the slot.

Can see him working well with either Suzuki or Kotkaniemi. Looking forward to it!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Caufield and Gorniak are playing again today at 4PM ET on TSN5 and RDS.

A sort of double header for anyone interested. Wisconsin/Michigan State at 4 and Habs/Flames at 7.

Looking forward to this game more than I am the Oilers game tonight lol

Hopefully the Badgers keep it rolling, they looked deadly yesterday.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
giving bergevin some love. in recent years, he's got habs into that conveyor belt of excess picks, which gives us more chips to find quality prospects and then he just flips the excess picks for more the following year. it's f***ing smart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad