OT: NCAA Thread v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It’s more so a pact than scheduling. They’ll stay in lockstep when the NCAA collapses. There’s obviously probably some protection on the end of the PAC-12 & ACC as well that the Big Ten won’t start picking off their more desirable teams like the SEC did to the Big 12.

It’s rumored they’re planning on voting against playoff expansion as they think ESPN (along with the SEC) are influencing things too much from behind the scenes. Like the Texas & Oklahoma move example.

Well, expansion likely just means more SEC teams in the playoff, so I can see why Clemson and Ohio State would want to avoid another round of games.

The B1G going soft here is surprising. Figured they would just pluck a couple premier programs and we'd have two have conferences and a bunch of have-nots.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well, expansion likely just means more SEC teams in the playoff, so I can see why Clemson and Ohio State would want to avoid another round of games.

The B1G going soft here is surprising. Figured they would just pluck a couple premier programs and we'd have two have conferences and a bunch of have-nots.

The Big Ten is still big with AAU funding at this point on the academic side. So that’s another criteria a potential school has to meet & probably part of why they don’t want to go to a super conference at this point.

The sports people in the Big Ten want to be like the SEC but the academic people want to be like the Ivy League. It’s kind of always been that pull in both directions they’ve had going on.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
@Cody Webster @Captain Dave Poulin @WeHaveBeenFletched @renberg @dragonoffrost @LegionOfDoom91 @Hollywood Couturier @FLYguy3911 @gertbfrobe16

So I was going to do a trivia question(s) each week. :thumbu: if you get it right, :thumbd: if wrong, :dunce::dunce::dunce: if you think it's a terrible idea and
giphy.gif

if you think I should be submerged in a vat of acid, the real stuff not the stuff certain members of the board use.

Name all the division 1A teams whose mascot doesn't end in 's' and doesn't contain a color?

There's 7 teams in total

Illinois Fightin' Illini
Marshall Thundering Herd
Navy Midshipmen
Nevada Wolfpack
NC ST Wolfpack
Notre Dame Fightin' Irish
UMass Minutemen

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017