OT: NCAA Thread v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Notre Dame not conferencing up for football especially not to the SEC. They will become irrelevant and at best a middle of the pack program inside of the SEC.

Notre Dame's current tv deal pays them $15m a year. The ESPN/ABC SEC deal is massive and will pay the SEC around $300m a year... But that still even if it was split evenly works out to like $19m a year per team.

There is additional money in terms of merchandising, etc... that ultimately does pay SEC teams a lot per team... I think if Notre Dame did do anything it would probably be to revise the type of agreement they had with the ACC where they keep home game revenue (which lets them keep their tv deal with NBC) and make a smaller portion of the league pay-out.

BTW, Notre Dame's agreement with the ACC for their other sports also has a caveat that if Notre Dame joined ANOTHER CONFERENCE for football that was not the ACC they would owe $150m to the ACC.

They would also then be in a league they are more competitive in and already play teams in it. Notre Dame playing Alabama, LSU, Florida every year would not turn out well for them.

Sounds like the SEC is done for now. It also sounds like the Big Ten will only take someone or some schools if it makes sense. They’re not adding for the sake of adding. They’re also only looking at AAU schools for academic research money beyond sports. So that limits their options too.

The rumor out there for now is that the other conferences might just not vote for playoff expansion right now. As they don’t like how ESPN is essentially forcing this & it would also f*** the SEC in regards to that right with adding two more top tier programs to the mix in already tough conference.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Reactions: Asnito

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Rules are the same. I will pick around a dozen games that will either be top 25 matchups or games I feel are evenly matched. You pick your winner and assign a confidence score of 1-10. If you're right you get that number added to your score, subtracted if wrong. Scores will carry over week to week throughout the season.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Even with that recent big black eye on my chosen team to follow. What's deal with this...I might want in.
I posted the rules just now. It's fun and adds some interest to the season for games you may not follow.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I posted the rules just now. It's fun and adds some interest to the season for games you may not follow.
I'll hop in hopefully I am better at remembering to fill my picks in. Unlike the score predictor of Flyers game thing.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events