NCAA thread v5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

a55

I know nothing about this guy. Should I be excited?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know nothing about this guy. Should I be excited?

Tough to really say. He’s dropping down here by a good margin so he could be good.

He wasn’t the worst thing ever as OC at Penn State but he was still pretty green as a play caller. So that’s basically why he was kind of ushered out of there with 2020 looking more realistically like a potential playoff year.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
OU is going to get a transfer every year until the end of this century. How bout you recruit a QB then develop them:rolleyes:
Vandagriff is probably that guy. But, there's not a class overlap between next year and his freshman year. They would have to start him right away in all likelihood.

Reactions: Asnito

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
OU is going to get a transfer every year until the end of this century. How bout you recruit a QB then develop them:rolleyes:

We’ll see if it’s true. They cleared most of their QB room out this past year with bringing Hurts. They have Spencer Rattler who was a big 5* recruit in the 2019 cycle that’s there now but not much else. They don’t have a QB in their current class as of now coming in for next year.

Given the nature of how things go they’d probably lose Rattler if they brought another QB in at this point. So we’ll see if they think he’s ready or not.

Nobody really has a QB room 2-3 deep anymore in today’s landscape it’s worth the gamble if you think the guy you’re bringing in is significantly better than what you have.

You’ll probably never see a scenario like Ohio State in 2014 again where they moved from Miller to Barrett to Jones that year & still played at a high level.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I think he’s the highest paid assistant in the country if it’s not Venables at Clemson. So kind of odd.

Marcus Arroyo at Oregon was thought to be the front runner before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad