NCAA thread v5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Welp James Franklin’s agent is happy. His client is getting a big new contract plus the other program funds one way or another this coaching cycle.

I don’t really think FSU would be an option given the rebuild it would require & the last coach didn’t even get to a full two years.

But I’d imagine they’ll use it a bargaining chip either way while USC & Penn State seriously go toe to toe in discussions.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The message board scuttlebutt was that he would potentially be interested in Boston College if it were to come open.

Boston College looks like they should get bowl eligible again at least with their remaining schedule which Addazio is pretty good for every year at least. So it’s probably not opening.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I’m honestly surprised they dinged Clemson for their schedule.

People will overreact especially with Clemson but if they’re as good as people think no excuse to lose from here on out while at least two of the teams in front will assuredly lose.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They must not have heard that I will cut a b***h.

I mean chaos could happen & change things. But we know assuredly two of Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, & Penn State will lose before the final rankings.

If everybody else takes care of business elsewhere (which is an assumption) it probably sets up best for the SEC to get two teams in. The loser of the Alabama/LSU game & the winner of the SEC title game whether that’s LSU/Alabama or Georgia.

I could be wrong but the committee actually dinging Clemson for their schedule & it’s not like it’s going to get really any better like Alabama’s going forward. That leads me to believe possibly the committee is saying Clemson has no room for a loss with their schedule this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Im not sure how they can leave out the Ducks if they win out and Utah only has 1 loss going into the Pac 12 title game. Both teams would be top 5 going into that game. I would see that as a play in game.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
  1. PSU 5
  2. Baylor 9
  3. Alabama 7
  4. K State 3
  5. Wake Forest 3
  6. Arizona State 2
  7. Michigan State 5
  8. Wisconsin 6
  9. UGA 10
  10. Wazzu 4
  11. South Carolina 3
  12. Kentucky 4
  13. Oklahoma 10
  14. Boise State 6

Reactions: Asnito

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Don’t agree with him ever but...

@JojoTheWhale, he’s right you know.

Eh, neither belongs in the playoff picture right now. I see the argument either way, but I tend to prefer head to head and quality wins breaking ties, in that order.

I'd rather see Baylor at 6 than either team. Hell, if Minnesota wins next week, put them at 4.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Eh, neither belongs in the playoff picture right now. I see the argument either way, but I tend to prefer head to head and quality wins breaking ties, in that order.

I'd rather see Baylor at 6 than either team. Hell, if Minnesota wins next week, put them at 4.

Guess what?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->