OT: NCAA thread v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey @Ruck Over who do you have tomorrow Lions or Springboks?
I think it's going to be the Lions, they have a much better all around game. However, the Springboks have just been beating people up, I like that type of game plan.

Based purely on mascots however, gotta go Lions, cause circle of life.

Reactions: Asnito

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He brought the trash can to the interview.

bjtrash-610x438.jpeg

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
About Butch, he's a bad coach, sure. But for all the hate he gets about the job performance at Tennessee, that team still sucks. Like, he was part of the problem, but he wasn't the complete problem. But I don't mind, them being bad is one less blue blood option to detract from the good guys. There's not a realistic known coach that will improve Rutger at the moment.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
About Butch, he's a bad coach, sure. But for all the hate he gets about the job performance at Tennessee, that team still sucks. Like, he was part of the problem, but he wasn't the complete problem. But I don't mind, them being bad is one less blue blood option to detract from the good guys. There's not a realistic known coach that will improve Rutger at the moment.

Tennessee no doubt has bigger problems at play (it’s not the job it was many years ago) & an incompetent athletic department.

But Butch was pretty damn bad. He recruited pretty well but it’s amazing as many top 50-100 kids he got they pretty much all flopped badly.

Pruitt’s pretty bad too but he was like their 8th or 9th choice in that coaching search they handled it so poorly.

Butch is just funny to laugh at as he was really bad & just so corny (turnover trash can, champions of life, etc.).

Rutgers is so far in the hole as you said though. It’s going to be such a low bar there to be considered a success.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
In today’s LA Times there was some interesting chatter about the new AD hire, Bohn. One was a warning about not hiring Urban Meyer. The other was the mention of Ruhle as a possible replacement for Helton if he were terminated by the new AD.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This weeks games:
  1. NC State @ Wake Forest - 6
  2. Nebraska @ Purdue - 5
  3. BC @ Syracuse - 3
  4. Georgia @ Florida (Neutral Site) - 8
  5. K State @ Kansas - 5
  6. Army @ Air Force - 6
  7. Miami @ FSU - 5
  8. TCU @ OK State - 6
  9. Utah @ Washington - 3
  10. SMU @ Memphis. - 6
  11. UVA @ UNC - 4
  12. Oregon @ USC - 7
  13. Colorado @ UCLA - 5
  14. BYU @ Utah State - 6
I believe that I will be the first one to score negative points for a week with these picks

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's a shame that Miami v FSU isn't what it used to be. Those were great, except for when Miami won.

I don’t think Miami will really ever be as good as they once were. Unless their administration lets them run a renegade program with no regard again.

Their last hires prior Diaz have been Shannon, Golden, & Richt all of them were pretty much touted for being no nonsense guys.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The afternoon games suck ass. Honestly this whole week sucks outside of Georgia/Florida.

Fortunately that one is a 3:30 game so I can watch before the Flyers.

I watched NCST-Wake because I wanted to see Amari Henderson. You know the slate is bad when the only angle I can find is watching a CB. :laugh:

Sidenote, but he's really damn good.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think he'll ever leave. I'm stuck with him forever.

I think it'll come down to what the draft advisory committee gives him. All of a sudden, this is a VERY crowded QB class.

Yeah I’d imagine he worked his way out of RD1 to this point while others have worked their way in but who knows exactly how the NFL will feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad