OT: NCAA thread v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Holy Temple.

This is the second straight week Temple has looked like crap. UCF just ran the ball right down Temple's throat tonight, especially in the 2nd half. Good thing Temple has a bye next week with the way they played against SMU and UCF.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
EH2fLetWoAAS44H

Everybody in the ACC Coastal vying for the right to get their ass kicked by Clemson for the ACC title.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
How about Scott Frost? I thought the preseason hype for Nebraska was too crazy & he was getting way too much credit for what happened at UCF.

But even then he’s still been underwhelming to me.

My take on Frost and Nebraska as an impartial observer who has lived here for a number of years.

The issues that plagued Nebraska when Frost arrived are still present, if not worse. Costly penalties on both sides of the ball, terrible special teams, a porous defense and an inconsistent offense that turns the ball over too much. The Huskers are also a mentally weak team with a defeatist attitude. Score the first TD on them and you win the game. Now there is dissension in the locker room with some offensive and defensive players taking swipes at each other in the media as the losses mount. Frost is responsible for his failure to rectify these issues.

Frost will continue to get a free pass in Nebraska with the local media treating Frost with kid gloves. Dave Spadaro himself would cringe at the way local reporters fawn all over Frost. As for the Husker fan base, they will never call for Frost's dismissal. For one, he is from Nebraska, which is huge with native Nebraskans. No outsiders like Saban are welcome. Second, Frost led Nebraska to a share of the National Championship in 1997. Third, and this is the most important, Frost has the endorsement of Tom Osborne, who is revered in this state.

Nebraska will never attain the heights they experienced from the 1960's through the 1990's for reasons that are too numerous to state on here. Nebraska's long term goal should be to become like Iowa, which is a bitter pill for Husker fans to swallow since they still view Iowa as an inferior program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad