OT: NCAA thread v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Not really a fan that the SEC & Big Ten both have scenarios alive that a team that doesn’t even play in their conference championship game could back door their way into the playoffs.

The problem is that I don't know how you get around this unless you want to be a huge Oregon advocate or something. SMU isn't in that tier.

The committee had better hope Auburn doesn't run the table or all hell is going to break loose.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Not really a fan that the SEC & Big Ten both have scenarios alive that a team that doesn’t even play in their conference championship game could back door their way into the playoffs.
If everyone does what they're supposed to do, I wouldn't worry about it. Is anyone going to argue LSU/Bama or Ohio State/Penn State getting in with one loss if they continuing dominating everyone they play, other than another playoff team? I think it honestly comes down to the margin of victory in those games.

Also, Georgia shouldn't have been in a 4th quarter game today. Landers sucking and Fromm missing Cager in the back of the end zone is the only thing that made this a 4th quarter game. That and a weak ass holding call on the long Swift TD run.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The problem is that I don't know how you get around this unless you want to be a huge Oregon advocate or something. SMU isn't in that tier.

The committee had better hope Auburn doesn't run the table or all hell is going to break loose.

Yeah like I’m not a conference championship game matters guy in the sense that it gets you some additional points on top of the actual game depending on the quality of the two teams playing it.

I just don’t like when a scenario comes about where a team is just better off not even playing in it & assuming the risk of a loss.

I even say that as a fan of a team that could be potentially a benefactor of that this year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yeah like I’m not a conference championship game matters guy in the sense that it gets you some additional points on top of the actual game depending on the quality of the two teams playing it.

I just don’t like when a scenario comes about where a team is just better off not even playing in it & assuming the risk of a loss.

I even say that as a fan of a team that could be potentially a benefactor of that this year.

Same on the benefiting and still completely agree.

It just feels like it's not going to change. It basically comes down to whether or not two of Clemson/Oklahoma/USC/Oregon/ND can make themselves relevant enough to get Byes. This is where we really miss the programs like TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech. Hopefully Baylor can fill one of those voids soon.

Otherwise the playoff teams are coming from those two Conferences and it's always going to be a mess.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Taggart situation should be interesting. It was already a low bar but getting beat handily by a rival who’s also not even really good either is going to get more emotions going.

He’s got a huge buyout though & then add on whatever the other coach you would be bringing in buyout & it’s probably a pretty costly endeavor. Every fanbase is guilty of thinking their school is 100% willing to wipe their ass with large lump sum payments.

They essentially have no fan support at this point & their home games are pretty empty these days though.

So they’re really in between a rock & a hard place right now. They’re probably biting a bullet either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad