OT: NCAA thread v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
OSU is going to smoke Wisconsin. As a Badger grad, it pains me to say that but they don’t have the tools to compete. Once opponents bottle up Taylor, there’s nothing left in the offense to move the needle. Defense lacks toughness and speed to hang with the better teams. Chryst and his staff do as good of a job getting the most out of their three star recruits but that only carries a ream so far.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I don't want him going anywhere, but they need a better play caller. I'm not even saying he calls the plays, just whoever it is, they need someone better.

They've been loaded with talented skill position players and McSorley was a good college QB, and their offense has struggled against good teams. It's also moreso the fact that they struggle in the same ways...build up a lead and then go completely inept for a giant chunk of the game because the calls are predictable. It's not that they're overwhelmed by the talent on the other side, so it makes it more frustrating.
exactly.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

We’ll see. It’s been said a lot over the years but this probably the lowest point of his tenure there that’s been building.

Like I’ve been saying Michigan isn’t going to fire him. The optics will just look too bad so this is their save face out.

Obviously beyond the alum/former player, Schembechler descendant, & big money contract standpoints you’d still be firing a guy who wins 70%+ of his games there even with the disappointments.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A lot of good games this week

@Cody Webster @Ruck Over @LegionOfDoom91 @Hollywood Couturier @HammerTime44 @Normand Lacombe @renberg @Captain Dave Poulin
This weeks games:
  1. Wisconsin @ Ohio State
  2. Illinois @ Purdue
  3. Nevada @ Wyoming
  4. Auburn @ LSU
  5. PSU @ Michigan State
  6. Texas @ TCU
  7. Oklahoma State @ Iowa State
  8. Syracuse @ FSU
  9. Arizona @ Stanford
  10. Indiana @ Nebraska
  11. Duke @ UNC
  12. UCF @ Temple
  13. Notre Dame @ Michigan
  14. Wazzu @ Oregon

1. Ohio State 9
2. Purdue 4
3. Wyoming 3
4. LSU 9
5. Penn State 4
6. Texas 4
7. Iowa State 6
8. Syracuse 4
9. Arizona 5
10. Indiana 6
11. North Carolina 5
12. Temple 7
13. Notre Dame 6
14. Oregon 8

Reactions: Asnito

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
About the coach for Michigan. Part of me wants him to stay. He looks ready to cap out at this level and become a Bo Pelini clone. Having that at Michigan would be great. The other part of me want s to see him get fired. Because he'd be personally embarrassed and he's a jack-ass, plus I'm interested to see U Michigan replace him with another coach. Odds the next guy is close to as expensive as this current joker?

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
  1. Wisconsin @ Ohio State - 2
  2. Illinois @ Purdue - 9
  3. Nevada @ Wyoming - 4
  4. Auburn @ LSU - 5
  5. PSU @ Michigan State - 10
  6. Texas @ TCU - 2
  7. Oklahoma State @ Iowa State - 7
  8. Syracuse @ FSU - 6
  9. Arizona @ Stanford - 8
  10. Indiana @ Nebraska - 1
  11. Duke @ UNC - 2
  12. UCF @ Temple - 6
  13. Notre Dame @ Michigan - -1
  14. Wazzu @ Oregon - 9

Reactions: Asnito

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
About the coach for Michigan. Part of me wants him to stay. He looks ready to cap out at this level and become a Bo Pelini clone. Having that at Michigan would be great. The other part of me want s to see him get fired. Because he'd be personally embarrassed and he's a jack-ass, plus I'm interested to see U Michigan replace him with another coach. Odds the next guy is close to as expensive as this current joker?

I mean their next coach is more than likely going to be a top five paid coach or at least top ten at the time of when they ink their contract.

Jimbo Fisher probably has the most insane contract for what he’s supplying on the field. His annual salary is $7.5M just like Harbaugh’s but I’m pretty sure the total contract is structured where it’s almost guaranteed entirely. I think it’s like $75M in total contract.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
1. Ohio State 10
2. Illinois 4
3. Wyoming 7
4. LSU 9
5. Penn State 5
6. Texas 10
7. Iowa State 7
8. Florida State 2
9. Arizona 6
10. Indiana 8