NCAA: NCAA off season thread

Sep 19, 2008
ND FSU is interesting.

Two has been washed up failure programs, who can outfail the other

ND has their QB graduating and will put in a whole new body at QB against a FSU team that hasn't had any threats since Jameis declared early.

It is a high profile matchup of titans, but the titans are titans in name brand only.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
ND FSU is interesting.

Two has been washed up failure programs, who can outfail the other

ND has their QB graduating and will put in a whole new body at QB against a FSU team that hasn't had any threats since Jameis declared early.

It is a high profile matchup of titans, but the titans are titans in name brand only.
ND has been one of the more successful programs recently and FSU has literally won a national title with one of the more stacked teams of all time in the last 10 years. let's relax with the hyperbole.

Reactions: rkwittem
Sep 19, 2008
ND has been one of the more successful programs recently and FSU has literally won a national title with one of the more stacked teams of all time in the last 10 years. let's relax with the hyperbole.
FSU had a disastrous season last year under Norvell

ND's QB and much of their defense is graduating

Sep 19, 2008
That being said re: Texas I do believe they will be back fast because Sark knows what he's doing.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
FSU had a disastrous season last year under Norvell

ND's QB and much of their defense is graduating
That I understand, but the Washed up failure of programs kinda apply to Michigan, Texas of the world. Texas has had arguably 1 season of national prominence since Colt got killed, and even that's a huge debate. Outside of Ohio State, LSU, Bama, Oregon, Clemson. how many teams have really had more success since 2010 than ND, FSU.

I do agree with you on Sark, especially cause from what's on paid sites Texas stopped caring about optics. Money whipping Jeff Banks giving Sark all the money in the world to hire people. It was originally reported that it was gonna be Sark as HC with Muschamp at DC until coach boom wanted to stay in georgia for his kid.

This is the first time in honestly about 20-25 years, Texas won't be at a severe coaching disadvantage at the RRS depending on how you view Sarks offensive mind compared to Lincoln. I also think PK will be huge for Texas, OU will still own them for a couple more years, but hopefully that changes.

that being said, I think OU is the second best team in the country this year. That being said, I was really high on Georgia before the Pickens injury.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The big x-factor in terms of the national stage is how the quarterbacks shake out. 6 of the top 7 teams in the playoff rankings have seen their quarterbacks move on to the NFL, and OU brought in the #1 QB recruit. Not all of these teams will keep things on schedule at the top like we've seen in the recent past. You have Cincinnati, Iowa State, Georgia and North Carolina who have their QB's more experienced and will get an extra year of eligibility, and Cincinnati has a schedule that will keep them in the hunt provided they run the table while Indiana and Notre Dame hold up their ends of the deal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are the second best group of five team behind Cincinnati

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They lost their 2 WR's who were really dynamic and their best safety JUST transferred to Norte Dame for his 6th year of eligibility, so that will be a loss.

But when Arizona decided to not take our coach, that was probably worth 3-4 wins right there just for continuity sake. The QB would be gone for sure.

ETA:I just remembered SJSU travels to Western Michigan this year. That's not a long drive for me.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They lost their 2 WR's who were really dynamic and their best safety JUST transferred to Norte Dame for his 6th year of eligibility, so that will be a loss.

But when Arizona decided to not take our coach, that was probably worth 3-4 wins right there just for continuity sake. The QB would be gone for sure.

ETA:I just remembered SJSU travels to Western Michigan this year. That's not a long drive for me.

They're scheduling some power games on the road as well.

Speaking of schedules, Ohio State and Oregon have scheduled a home-and-home for 2032-33. They already play Oregon this year too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I had never thought of it like that but it’s completely logical. The biggest reason those games get played though is to pay the visitor.

In other news:

i get Oklahoma’s point here but it’s also very likely the next boy way Nebraska will get a featured game broadcasted nationally until Nebraska proves its a higher level program.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
5co3pj.jpg

Reactions: John Price

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Going above 4 teams would not help determine the best team and makes no sense so of course people are for it. Paying students for their name and image would be unfair to the 98% and only benefit the top 2% so of course people are for it. Think people.

Reactions: rkwittem

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Going above 4 teams would not help determine the best team and makes no sense so of course people are for it.
You could make the same arguments for reducing the size of the NCAA basketball tournament. Those lower seed (like 12 and below) teams are never going to win the whole thing but occasionally they take out top seeds once in a blue moon and it just makes the tournament that much more intriguing. And expanding the field in football gives fanbases who otherwise know they're never going to get a playoff invite in the current format something to potentially look forward to instead of truly actual meaningless bowl games.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
bo-schembechler-son-says-father-knew-michigan-doctor-abuse

A son of former Michigan football coach Bo Schembechler said he told his father that former team doctor Robert Anderson molested him during a physical exam in the 1960s and that the revered coach ignored the complaint and went out of his way to make sure Anderson kept his role with the team.

According to Matt, when he shared those details with Bo, the coach told him he didn't want to hear about it and then got physically violent with both Matt and his mother.

"That was the first time he closed-fist punched me," Matt told ESPN. "It knocked me all the way across the kitchen."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad