NCAA: NCAA off season thread

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Freshman Jack Sawyer will be as good as Chase Young.

Jack Sawyer’s Four-Sack Spring Game Didn't Surprise Ryan Day

Sawyer hadn't played a football game since Nov. 8, 2019. That day, his Pickerington North team lost to Olentangy Orange in the playoffs and he suffered a sprained MCL. The next year amid the pandemic, the defensive end sat out to get himself ready for college football.

Essentially, Sawyer walked out onto the Ohio Stadium field for his first game in nearly 18 months, suited up to take on collegiate offensive linemen for the first time ever as a true freshman, recorded four sacks, then had his head coach and the team’s starting left tackle say they weren’t one bit surprised.

Reactions: End of Line

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hell yeah, should make the Big 10 championship so much sweeter once Ohio State predictably lose again in the playoffs despite having recruiting rankings that should put them on par with Bama. But yeah, just blame Bama and other teams for not wanting to go play too many trips up there where people are flocking away from in droves daily.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Hell yeah, should make the Big 10 championship so much sweeter once Ohio State predictably lose again in the playoffs despite having recruiting rankings that should put them on par with Bama. But yeah, just blame Bama and other teams for not wanting to go play too many trips up there where people are flocking away from in droves daily.

You're an idiot.

Columbus now one of the fastest growing cities in the United States

Columbus is now bigger than San Francisco, according to the Census Bureau. The city is growing quickly and the latest numbers released Thursday show the growth isn't slowing down.

The Census Bureau released its list of the 15 fastest growing cities and Columbus as 14th with more than 10,000 people moving here in just the last year.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You're an idiot.

Columbus now one of the fastest growing cities in the United States

Columbus is now bigger than San Francisco, according to the Census Bureau. The city is growing quickly and the latest numbers released Thursday show the growth isn't slowing down.

The Census Bureau released its list of the 15 fastest growing cities and Columbus as 14th with more than 10,000 people moving here in just the last year.

I mean...San Francisco's population is pretty heavily capped by being a tiny 7x7 mile fully developed peninsula so there's not exactly a ton of growth potential in SF proper. The Bay Area has nearly as many people in it as the entirety of Ohio, though, which is why SF gets treated like a massive city and not as if it's half the size of San Diego.

Columbus is a nicer place than most people want to give it credit for, though. It gets too much shit for its location on the map. That includes me...this is as close as I am to going to get to saying a single nice thing about Ohio State :laugh:

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
spin, I want OH ST to join a super conference. The only way MI can not lose to them is not playing them. ;)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lane Kiffin fired his offensive line coach after Ole Miss’ spring game.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

There’s trolling, and there’s just being ignorant :laugh:

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I mean...San Francisco's population is pretty heavily capped by being a tiny 7x7 mile fully developed peninsula so there's not exactly a ton of growth potential in SF proper. The Bay Area has nearly as many people in it as the entirety of Ohio, though, which is why SF gets treated like a massive city and not as if it's half the size of San Diego.

Columbus is a nicer place than most people want to give it credit for, though. It gets too much shit for its location on the map. That includes me...this is as close as I am to going to get to saying a single nice thing about Ohio State :laugh:

@Big McLargehuge giving Ohio St props!? Has hell frozen over lmfao.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Bay Area population 7.75 M for 9 counties.

bay area population - Google Search

Ohio population 11.7 M.

population of ohio 2020 - Google Search

So the Bay Area has about 2/3 the population of Ohio and the Columbus metro area now has 2.1 M people.

I grew up in Ohio and really don't care for OSU.
The last time I was in Columbus, they had about 600K people. Now it is 913K.

San Francisco will probably have another big earthquake in the next 30 years or less. That won't happen in Ohio.

When will it happen again?

Cincinnati finished #8 in the final poll. OSU may not be the best football school in Ohio in a few years.

Northwestern was #10, Indiana #12 and Iowa was #16. At least one of those schools will finish higher this year.

OSU beat Indiana by 7 in Columbus last year. The Buckeyes beat NW by 12 in Columbus. No more 52-17 games!

No Michigan, no MSU, no Wisconsin in the polls. The Big 10 might be very competitive in the next few years!

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Cincinnati finished #8 in the final poll. OSU may not be the best football school in Ohio in a few years.

Northwestern was #10, Indiana #12 and Iowa was #16. At least one of those schools will finish higher this year.

OSU beat Indiana by 7 in Columbus last year. The Buckeyes beat NW by 12 in Columbus. No more 52-17 games!

No Michigan, no MSU, no Wisconsin in the polls. The Big 10 might be very competitive in the next few years!

You're putting way too much emphasis on this strange covid season we just went through. Like the above poster said, only the death penalty will push Ohio St off the throne in the next "few" years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
You're putting way too much emphasis on this strange covid season we just went through. Like the above poster said, only the death penalty will push Ohio St off the throne in the next "few" years.

I said the Big 10 "might be" very competitive in the next few years. It rhymes with "bite me".

Since you are in Norway, I will repeat it in a different language for your comprehension and benefit; "bit meg".

The fact that I struck a nerve with such a mild statement shows some of what is wrong with these boards and why I generally stay off of the main boards and their "cancel cultural".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->