GDT: NCAA Hoops thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Duke has been in the Tournament every year since 1994-1995 season but K was not coaching at that time because he had back problems. You have to go back to 1982-83, the year State went on their miracle run to win it all, to find the last time a K-coached team did not participate in the NCAA Tournament and the Duke boosters wanted him fired after that season. Think about that for a moment, in 1983 North Carolina had no major-league sports unless you want to count NASCAR.

Impatient Duke fans once wanted Mike Krzyzewski fired

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Duke has been in the Tournament every year since 1994-1995 season but K was not coaching at that time because he had back problems. You have to go back to 1982-83, the year State went on their miracle run to win it all, to find the last time a K-coached team did not participate in the NCAA Tournament and the Duke boosters wanted him fired after that season. Think about that for a moment, in 1983 North Carolina had no major-league sports unless you want to count NASCAR.

Impatient Duke fans once wanted Mike Krzyzewski fired

I remember this well. STH , and a good time to be a Tarheel

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
While last night was a fun - some might say a therapeutic romp - not getting my hopes up for the Heels. Maybe they can be a disrupter though.

wonder if the withdrawal will cost the dookies a spot?

hockeynjune

Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
While last night was a fun - some might say a therapeutic romp - not getting my hopes up for the Heels. Maybe they can be a disrupter though.

wonder if the withdrawal will cost the dookies a spot?

These kids are figuring it out. While I agree with your assessment totally , They have the ability to surprise us and reinspire their coach.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I'm glad IU's season is over.

Now comes the waiting game and if Archie finally gets the ax. Or if we must endure one more year of terrible coaching.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Now comes the waiting game and if Archie finally gets the ax. Or if we must endure one more year of terrible coaching.
Unless they find another rising coach who can get more out of his players, like a tony Bennett, then IU will remain irrelevant. They have lost all appeal and aren’t doing anything to get it back.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006

you wouldn't do that to archie's dad, would you, indiana?

“Yeah, everyone thought NC State, but I knew that wasn’t gonna happen,” John Miller told myDayton Daily News. “He knows that place too well. You gotta have trust in the people above you that they’ll stand by you.”

(i didn't want archie at state - but his dad can still kiss my ass)

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

So happy for Shaka..even if they own us. Wouldn't mind seeing them win the tourney if my team's stay is short and sweet.

Rex Champan’s take is nothing but a clap back. Texas wants championships. Shaka was definitely on the hot seat before this season. Good coach for sure but he had underperformed at Texas up until this point.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Nice to see ya old friend.

Whether we won or lost, going to tourney events has provided some of my best memories of my life with my family and friends. Such a fun, escapist experience and a great way to see the country.

Reactions: hockeynjune

hockeynjune

Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Nice to see ya old friend.

Whether we won or lost, going to tourney events has provided some of my best memories of my life with my family and friends. Such a fun, escapist experience and a great way to see the country.

Ditto for me. Got to meet and become friends with a lot of the guys and ladies over the years. Awesome experience.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
My one tournament experience was here in ATL at a regional finals. Loyola was making their run so that was fun. Although the UK - kansas st game had to be one of the longest non-OT and boring games in tournament history. 800 foul calls.

Reactions: hockeynjune

hockeynjune

Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
My longest ot game ( at least for me) won't be repeated. June 8 2002 Redwings/Hurricanes ugg, there were people asleep around me. There is even a commemorative mug yee ha

M-DET_RED_WINGS-2002-CAR_HURRICANES-frontback_6a12f483-38e6-4c43-9f5d-5fa1a9804f16_150x150.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad