GDT: NCAA Hoops thread

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Think you mentioned it once, University of Maine?

W&M. They were so bad my sophomore year that after one game the coach said they had set the game of basketball back 20 years. (They managed to win 8 games that year, but failed to hit 50 points NINE times, including one 36-point effort. They were even worse the next year.)

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Grew up in a small town in VA about 45 minutes from Charlottesville and have been a UVA fan forever. Saw the Florida State game, which was a total undressing of the Seminoles and just saw the score of the UVA-Clemson game. All I gotta say is those boys make it tough to put up points. When you win by 20 and your leading scorer has 14....well it says something.

Lots of people decry their style of play as boring, hard to watch, etc....but it really is pretty incredible to watch them when they're on (losing in the 1st round of the NCAAs to a #16 seed aside). What's really cool is to watch the fanbase CHEER DEFENSE when the guys shut down other teams.

It will be very interesting watching them play the high octane offenses of Duke, NC State, and UNC.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Grew up in a small town in VA about 45 minutes from Charlottesville and have been a UVA fan forever. Saw the Florida State game, which was a total undressing of the Seminoles and just saw the score of the UVA-Clemson game. All I gotta say is those boys make it tough to put up points. When you win by 20 and your leading scorer has 14....well it says something.

Lots of people decry their style of play as boring, hard to watch, etc....but it really is pretty incredible to watch them when they're on (losing in the 1st round of the NCAAs to a #16 seed aside). What's really cool is to watch the fanbase CHEER DEFENSE when the guys shut down other teams.

It will be very interesting watching them play the high octane offenses of Duke, NC State, and UNC.
**** UVA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad