Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This one disappoints me

This confused me a bit.

With Demko being the heir apparent their and already paying his AHL dues, I was surprised Kielly chose VAN. There must be a connection there?

He’s a Minny kid, so I thought maybe the Wild, but they just signed Robson from UMinn a couple of weeks ago.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
This confused me a bit.

With Demko being the heir apparent their and already paying his AHL dues, I was surprised Kielly chose VAN. There must be a connection there?

He’s a Minny kid, so I thought maybe the Wild, but they just signed Robson from UMinn a couple of weeks ago.
you have to remember how desperate the Canucks are, though, when at one point they were going after 2 grizzled veterans (McKenna was one of them)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

They lost the Tavares sweepstakes with the leafs but hey they won the Jobst one. Nice better them than the Leafs :thumbu:

OK, so what about the Bruins?? Veronneau out of Princeton is looking pretty good in Ottawa right now, a natural RW who would look pretty good on Krejci's wing.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
They lost the Tavares sweepstakes with the leafs but hey they won the Jobst one. Nice better them than the Leafs :thumbu:

OK, so what about the Bruins?? Veronneau out of Princeton is looking pretty good in Ottawa right now, a natural RW who would look pretty good on Krejci's wing.
Wish I knew
Lots of talent available that's unsigned
Still think Boston ends up with Fox

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wish I knew
Lots of talent available that's unsigned
Still think Boston ends up with Fox

A player for Clarkson who looks really good in the ECAC and against Norte Dame was Harold Egle. He's a 22 year old junior who averaged more than a point a game for the season and has really picked up his game in meaningful games over the last two seasons. Skates hard and go's to heavy area's and plays with speed.

The only thing with Fox is I think he'll cost and considering the Bruins already having McAvoy Carlo.Miller and Clifton on the right-side, I don't now if they'd be willing to give up the asking price, but I guess if Fox doesn't end up signing with anyone, anythings possible.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
This confused me a bit.

Maybe not *every* team feels a need to bring in players with local ties? I have proof that it doesn't always work out too well.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe not *every* team feels a need to bring in players with local ties? I have proof that it doesn't always work out too well.

It wasn’t really because he’s local, more that the Wild appear to have scouted junior teams that he was on fairly heavily? Kielly played with Nico Sturm (Wild FA signing) in the USHL, NAHL and at Clarkson and with Wild draft pick Brandon Duhaime in the USHL.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
It wasn’t really because he’s local, more that the Wild appear to have scouted junior teams that he was on fairly heavily? Kielly played with Nico Sturm (Wild FA signing) in the USHL, NAHL and at Clarkson and with Wild draft pick Brandon Duhaime in the USHL.
Not to change the subject, and I do appreciate that you're that into the college game, but is Nico the son of the legendary Marco?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Was there a Jobst sweepstakes? He's a 5'8" 25 year old kid, who was a good college hockey player. Yes he was in Bruins dev camp last summer, but it's not like he tore up the place. There were a few mentions of him being ok, but not like anyone came out raving about him from dev camp.

One good thing about being one of the worst teams in NHL history, who traded a handful of NHL players at the deadline is that you are suddenly really attractive to amateur FA players (especially one from the hometown), as you have spots wide open for anyone with half a pulse to take. I am quite sure Veronneau would NOT be given the second line job in Boston had he signed in the Bruins org.

Bruins have signed one really interesting prospect this year in Zech, they also got the kid from Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad