College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I still have problems figuring that rule out. Is it July 1 like other UFAs or Aug? I think it is something like draft+4 and since he is draft+5 it would indicate July 1 but I also think I could be wrong.

I know several people mentioned Keyser should go ECHL for a year to be #1 starter and McIntyre is UFA, so Hawkey at 24 would be a great fit in Providence with Vladar.

If it's a player who's rights (previously drafted) are owned by an NHL team it's August 15th following his college career.

If it's a player who's rights are not owned (not previously drafted) by an NHL team, it is soon as his college career is over.

If it's a player who's rights are owned (previously drafted) and leaves school early, the team that drafted him has 30 days to sign him or he becomes UFA.

If it's a player who's rights are not owned (not previously drafted) and leaves school early, he is immediately a UFA.

#HopeThisHelps

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If it's a player who's rights (previously drafted) are owned by an NHL team it's August 15th following his college career.

If it's a player who's rights are not owned (not previously drafted) by an NHL team, it is soon as his college career is over.

If it's a player who's rights are owned (previously drafted) and leaves school early, the team that drafted him has 30 days to sign him or he becomes UFA.

If it's a player who's rights are not owned (not previously drafted) and leaves school early, he is immediately a UFA.

#HopeThisHelps

Do you mind explaining this one a bit? I'm just wondering how that differs from Situation #1.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
1 is a player that finishes his college career, 3 is a player who signs an intent to leave college with the NHL before he finishes his college career.

You figure it would be the same. But I don't make the rules.

Do you know if anyone has taken advantage of that? It's not something I've heard of before.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
NCAA hockey... terrible. Reviewing that hit?

Shoulder to shoulder. It's a big hit. Why do they need to review that
Awful.

Does ESPN even remember what hockey is?

What a broken product unfortunately.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Imagine a league where you get kicked out for that perfect hit?

This is where the NHL is headed. Absolutely terrible.

ESPN looks like a trash high school network.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Another wonderful hit. Results in a video review and game misconduct?

These are the players heading to the NHL? Despicable. So, so, so soft.

How do people watch that? I will stick to the Beanpot and that's it for NCAA hockey.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
NCAA hockey... terrible. Reviewing that hit?

Shoulder to shoulder. It's a big hit. Why do they need to review that
Awful.

Does ESPN even remember what hockey is?

What a broken product unfortunately.

Imagine a league where you get kicked out for that perfect hit?

This is where the NHL is headed. Absolutely terrible.

ESPN looks like a trash high school network.

How do people watch that? I will stick to the Beanpot and that's it for NCAA hockey.

I think you made your point

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-4-12_0-5-29.png

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

As far as the three ejections go, I thought the first one on Niko Hildenbrand from UMass was questionable. The initial contact was shoulder to shoulder and as he followed through he made head contact on the shorter player.

On the second one (against Denver), the puck was in Del Gaizo’s skates, but the hit was shoulder directly to the head/face. It was much more egregious than the first one and it took them all of about 30 seconds (if that)to issue the penalty.

The third one against Chaffee was just dumb on his part. Late 2nd period and your team is up by two. I realize Mitchell had his head down and is coming across the middle, but in that situation, going for the “de-cleater” was not the smart move. It was to the chest, but then he caught chin and the “helicopter” fall by Mitchell and Chaffee’s elevation through the hit sealed the deal.

I think you need to understand that the NCAA has less of a tolerance level for these hits. If you don’t want to watch it...don’t, but the games between the better D1 teams are excellent hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->