NBA NBA Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This game did more for Curry’s legacy than any other finals games. Got the “can’t win without KD” monkey off his back.

KD vs Steph who you going with now?
Always has been and always will be Steph.

Steph has won without KD twice. KD has never shown an ability to win without Steph, though.

The real debate is LeBron vs Curry. KD does not belong in the same conversation.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This Warriors win hurts Durant's legacy a lot. Proves that they didn't need him to win NBA titles (although 2015 should have already proven that in people's minds).

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Greatest team of the past few decades in all the big 4 sports
No way.

The Warriors have had a very good run.

4 championships and 6 finals appearances in 8 seasons.

Bulls had 6 championships in 6 finals appearances in 8 seasons.

I also am more impressed with what the Patriots managed to do in a hard salary cap sport, and a sport where you can't simply win by having the best player.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
This Warriors win hurts Durant's legacy a lot. Proves that they didn't need him to win NBA titles (although 2015 should have already proven that in people's minds).

Durant should never again be in the same conversation as other all time great players of this generation. He’s been officially exposed as a fraud. The Warriors are 100% better without him. Proved that they never needed him, he was a waste of space and $. Durant will never recover from this, and it’s about time people start to realize how overrated he is and always has been.

Always has been and always will be Steph.

Steph has won without KD twice. KD has never shown an ability to win without Steph, though.

The real debate is LeBron vs Curry. KD does not belong in the same conversation.

It’s so insane that KD gets mentioned in the same sentence as those 2 legends. Durant isn’t anywhere near those 2. KD used Curry to get 2 BS championships. Everyone knows that Durant isn’t good enough to win on his own. He’s a loser.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Durant should never again be in the same conversation as other all time great players of this generation. He’s been officially exposed as a fraud. The Warriors are 100% better without him. Proved that they never needed him, he was a waste of space and $. Durant will never recover from this, and it’s about time people start to realize how overrated he is and always has been.
I wouldn't say the Warriors are better without him. With him and with the entire team healthy, they were an invincible machine.

This season does prove that the Warriors never needed him though.

Also, I never liked how Durant joined a superpower team, especially the same superpower team that beat him in the 2016 playoffs and beat him after his team had a 3-1 lead in that series.

Durant missed so many shots and made so many turnovers during that 2016 series, when the Thunder blew the 3-1 series lead against the Warriors.

He was anti-clutch during that series, and I never took any of his accomplishments in 2017 and 2018 with the Warriors very seriously because of what had happened in 2016.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I wouldn't say the Warriors are better without him. With him and with the entire team healthy, they were an invincible machine.

But I never liked how Durant joined a superpower team, especially the same superpower team that beat him in the 2016 playoffs and beat him after his team had a 3-1 lead in that series.

Durant missed so many shots and made so many turnovers during that 2016 series, when the Thunder blew the 3-1 series lead against the Warriors.

He was anti-clutch during that series, and I never took any of his accomplishments in 2017 and 2018 with the Warriors very seriously because of what had happened in 2016.

I think any contender is gonna be better without a player like KD.

Durant doesn’t play winning basketball. He kills ball movement. He’s an ISO heavy turnover machine and he’s an overrated shooter. He does nothing to help your team win. Wiggins is just as good of an overall player IMO.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
KD obviously helped the Warriors win and if he was healthy there is no doubt in my mind they beat the Raptors in the finals.

He was able to be even more dominant on the Warriors because teams still feared Steph more, so they game planned for stopping Steph. KD was then allowed to play 1v1 against basically anyone he wanted, which is an obvious nightmare matchup.

When you game plan to shut down KD and he doesn't have Steph in his back pocket to save the day, he becomes a lot easier to defend. Just ask these very Celtics.

Reactions: Terry Yake

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Some people dismiss 2015 cause of the Kyrie and Love injuries, this one against Boston's big 3 meant more to alot of naysayers since Boston abused KD and the Nets. I agree with you on the legacy of Durant, Warriors won another chip without his services as they found one in Andrew Wiggins.

Durant needs to win a chip with the Nets, he has too or he's gonna be viewed as someone who can't win without Steph.

Also, Shaun Livingston works with the Warriors as well so he got ring number 4!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
KD obviously helped the Warriors win and if he was healthy there is no doubt in my mind they beat the Raptors in the finals.

He was able to be even more dominant on the Warriors because teams still feared Steph more, so they game planned for stopping Steph. KD was then allowed to play 1v1 against basically anyone he wanted, which is an obvious nightmare matchup.

When you game plan to shut down KD and he doesn't have Steph in his back pocket to save the day, he becomes a lot easier to defend. Just ask these very Celtics.

Durant will always be remembered as the guy that A. Quit on his OKC team cuz he knew he wasn’t good enough and B. Used the Warriors dynasty to obtain 2 tainted rings that he would never be able to win on his own.

Most overrated player of the modern NBA era. There’s actually people that think he’s one of the top 20 players OF ALL TIME lolololol

Some people dismiss 2015 cause of the Kyrie and Love injuries, this one against Boston's big 3 meant more to alot of naysayers since Boston abused KD and the Nets. I agree with you on the legacy of Durant, Warriors won another chip without his services as they found one in Andrew Wiggins.

Durant needs to win a chip with the Nets, he has too or he's gonna be viewed as someone who can't win without Steph.

Also, Shaun Livingston works with the Warriors as well so he got ring number 4!

KD win one with the Nets? Lol not in a million years. He’s the worst player you can possibly pick to build a team around. Brooklyn is screwed cuz they were dumb enough to pay KD a max contract with term. Now they’re stuck with him.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
No way.

The Warriors have had a very good run.

4 championships and 6 finals appearances in 8 seasons.

Bulls had 6 championships in 6 finals appearances in 8 seasons.

I also am more impressed with what the Patriots managed to do in a hard salary cap sport, and a sport where you can't simply win by having the best player.
You gotta remember....the Warriors aren't done yet. Steph, Klay and Draymond aren't going anywhere and they now have a group of young guys with them (Wiggins, Poole, Kuminga, Wiseman, etc.). Also knowing GSW, they'll probably develop another overlooked player and turn them into an impactful piece.

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
KD win one with the Nets? Lol not in a million years. He’s the worst player you can possibly pick to build a team around. Brooklyn is screwed cuz they were dumb enough to pay KD a max contract with term. Now they’re stuck with him.

The Nets investment in KD is gonna backfire so bad, who else is gonna ride shotgun with him in Brooklyn? Kyrie is a trainwreck and I doubt he will be back with them next year.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
And to go along with the rest of the posts, this win doesn't look great on KD.

- Warriors win a title without him and other than a brief scare being down 2-1 this series, they were outclassing all their opponents throughout the postseason
- KD has won s*** since joining the Nets and him leaving OKC like that looks quite bad since he definitely took the easy way out
- It proves Steph was always the most valuable player on the Warriors (something I've always maintained even if many people including here on HFboards used to roast me for saying that)
- The Celtics also whooped KD's Nets earlier

He's a world class individual player who can score 40 PPG on crazy efficiency, but he's never been someone who could elevate his team to a championship

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Has it ever happened in a non-NHL lockout year?

Wiggins really turned his whole career around in GS. Not sure when his contract is up but I hope they keep this core for the next 2 years or so.
found this tweet from 2019 (didn't happen that year)

last time in a non-lockout year was 2011. 2002 before that

And to go along with the rest of the posts, this win doesn't look great on KD.

- Warriors win a title without him and other than a brief scare being down 2-1 this series, they were outclassing all their opponents throughout the postseason
- KD has won s*** since joining the Nets and him leaving OKC like that looks quite bad since he definitely took the easy way out
- It proves Steph was always the most valuable player on the Warriors (something I've always maintained even if many people including here on HFboards used to roast me for saying that)
- The Celtics also whooped KD's Nets earlier

He's a world class individual player who can score 40 PPG on crazy efficiency, but he's never been someone who could elevate his team to a championship
i agree that KD comes out as the loser in all this because curry showed he's capable of beating a healthy opponent without him

but if you're comparing curry and lebron, you could argue that curry needed KD to beat a healthy lebron-led cavs team. but that's a whole different discussion

Reactions: Voight and Megahab

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Durant made the Warriors better at least in 2017 which is one of the best seasons of all time going 16-1 in the playoffs, and the Cavs team they beat easily was really good, arguably better than 2016. 2018 and 2019 is more debatable, he was hurting their ball movement to some extent. Remember the Warriors finished off the Rockets in 2019 and then swept the Blazers without Durant.

With that said he's supposed to be a top 20 player of all time, and he was a perfect fit for Golden State's lineup. Any other player on that level added to 2016 Warriors should have made a mockery of the league. For example if you added a player like prime David Robinson as their center I personally feel the Warriors win like 75 games or something in 2017 and are cruising much more in 2018 and 2019, probably allowing them to get less injured.

I believe Durant is one of the greatest pick up basketball players of anyone in NBA history, he has been roasting teammates his whole career. However that one on one skillset doesn't translate quite as perfectly to NBA, although still very good.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Disappointing end to the season but if anybody had told me in early January ( when they were 3 games under .500 ) that with a couple of tweaks at the trade deadline that the Celtics would be in the NBA Finals I would have told them to sober up and then get back to me. :nod:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Not many players in history can rival his resume.

It will be an interesting debate where he'll rank when he retires.

At 34, he's still got game left...

Reactions: Voight

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
1655469641568.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino