NBA NBA Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Same. I remember playing basketball video games and being confused about this obscure team.
Yeah, playing NBA jam. "why are they golden state and not a real state or city where do they play?" i don't think i knew they played in Oakland until like 2004.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
You have to classify Golden State as a San Antonio type dynasty. Maybe better since Golden State actually went back-to-back.

This has to be the sweetest win of the four simply because they were written off for various reasons

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm not saying they can't be back. But they had a lot of things go their way.
Exactly. They have a good young core but that doesn't really mean much these days in the superstar era. Unless they acquire a 3rd star, can't see them returning to the finals next season unless they can get all the bounces go their way again

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Steve Kerr probably doesn't get enough credit for all the Warriors success. He's had them playing smart, unselfish, two-way basketball during this whole great run they've had.

Reactions: Hadoop

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You have to classify Golden State as a San Antonio type dynasty. Maybe better since Golden State actually went back-to-back.

This has to be the sweetest win of the four simply because they were written off for various reasons

Steve Kerr is the man.

3 rings with the Bulls.
2 rings with the Spurs.
4 rings as head coach of the Warriors.

Man knows how to win.

Also, no more Steph Curry slander on how he can't win the Finals MVP.
This now silences the doubters, he is an all time great.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This game did more for Curry’s legacy than any other finals games. Got the “can’t win without KD” monkey off his back.

KD vs Steph who you going with now?

Steph one a championship in 2015 without KD.
This one is sweeter since Boston trainwrecked KD and the Nets in a sweep.
Curry was all over the place, KD got abused by Boston.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Run TMC warriors were fun. But yeah that franchise was stuck going nowhere for a long time until Curry and Klay came along, aside from that one year they upset a 60 win mavs team in the playoffs
That series was pretty cool, I remember that. The atmosphere then looked pretty cool. It was nice and weird to see.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I still remember watching Curry go off in March Madness for Davidson. I figured he'd be another one of those great small college stars that would eventually fade into obscurity once facing bigger and better players in the NBA. Oh how wrong I was. One of the best stories in NBA history.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I always thought Curry would be good in the NBA. But more so as a 6th man.

The game has evolved once again and he is in the right period though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Steph one a championship in 2015 without KD.
This one is sweeter since Boston trainwrecked KD and the Nets in a sweep.
Curry was all over the place, KD got abused by Boston.
cavs were without kyrie and love in '15 so it's not the same as this title where curry led GS over a fully healthy boston team. i can see why this one meant so much to him

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol

attachment-untitled-design-2022-03-25t103128201.jpg

Reactions: Jack Straw

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
cavs were without kyrie and love in '15 so it's not the same as this title where curry led GS over a fully healthy boston team. i can see why this one meant so much to him

Warriors 2 years ago were the worst team in the league with injuries. Last year they improved but missed out on the playoffs.

This year they put it all together, developed some other guys like Poole/Kumgina, got Gary Payton II for the cheap and he turned out to be an X factor, made Andrew Wiggins the player that he is this year.

Klay missing 2 years because of his knees, Steph broke his hand 2 years ago, Draymond was just the lone ranger.

When another team can develop 3 future HOF players and they win as much as these guys can, it's a very special core. Golden State and San Antonio are good organizations.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Warriors 2 years ago were the worst team in the league with injuries. Last year they improved but missed out on the playoffs.

This year they put it all together, developed some other guys like Poole/Kumgina, got Gary Payton II for the cheap and he turned out to be an X factor, made Andrew Wiggins the player that he is this year.

Klay missing 2 years because of his knees, Steph broke his hand 2 years ago, Draymond was just the lone ranger.

When another team can develop 3 future HOF players and they win as much as these guys can, it's a very special core. Golden State and San Antonio are good organizations.
They have done all this without Wiseman, the #2 overall pick in 2020, as well.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Run TMC warriors were fun. But yeah that franchise was stuck going nowhere for a long time until Curry and Klay came along, aside from that one year they upset a 60 win mavs team in the playoffs
The Baron Davis Show if my memory serves me.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Warriors are easily a tier one sports dynasty, what they've done these last 8 years has been simply incredible in an era where players move around, injuries occur more, and some of the CBA policies making it difficult to keep cores together.

After being down 2-1, the Warriors simply outclassed the Celtics in the last 3 games.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm wondering when was the last time the NBA season ended before NHL. It happened in 1995 but that can be attributed to that season's NHL lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad