Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

When is the 2021-22 NBA play-in tournament?​

Play-In Tournament Schedule

Tuesday, April 12

• Game 1: (8) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Brooklyn Nets (7 ET, TNT)
  • Game 2: (8) LA Clippers vs. (7) Minnesota Timberwolves (9:30 ET, TNT)
  • Winners earn 7th seeds and advance to NBA playoffs
Wednesday, April 13

• Game 3: (10) Charlotte Hornets vs. (9) Atlanta Hawks (7 ET, ESPN)
  • Game 4: (10) San Antonio Spurs vs. (9) New Orleans Pelicans (9:30 ET, ESPN)
Friday, April 15

• Game 5: Winner of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 1 (TBD*, ESPN)
  • Game 6: Winner of Game 4 vs. Loser of Game 2 (TBD*, TNT)
Winners earn 8th seeds and advance to NBA playoffs

* – Game times for Friday, April 15 will be ESPN 7:30 p.m. ET & TNT 10 p.m. ET if LA Clippers host or ESPN 7 p.m. ET & TNT 9:30 p.m. ET if Minnesota hosts

1649650555268.png

Last edited:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I hope I don't have to start a petition to get the NBA to do away with the play-in starting next season considering my team the Cavs went 9-17 after a 35-21 start to need to win a play-in game to make their first LeBron-free playoff appearance since 1998.

Quite frankly, the NHL's COVID alignment was a better idea since it greatly boosted the chances of a Canadian team winning the Cup. That didn't happen, but the COVID alignment was done away with anyway because Gary Bettman f***ing hates Canada. I have faith that when the Canadian TV deals are up for renewal, that prospective broadcasters will require a return to the COVID alignment and playoff format (but not regular season schedule format) until a Canadian team does win the Cup in order to agree to broadcast NHL games through all of Canada.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I hope I don't have to start a petition to get the NBA to do away with the play-in starting next season considering my team the Cavs went 9-17 after a 35-21 start to need to win a play-in game to make their first LeBron-free playoff appearance since 1998.

Quite frankly, the NHL's COVID alignment was a better idea since it greatly boosted the chances of a Canadian team winning the Cup. That didn't happen, but the COVID alignment was done away with anyway because Gary Bettman f***ing hates Canada. I have faith that when the Canadian TV deals are up for renewal, that prospective broadcasters will require a return to the COVID alignment and playoff format (but not regular season schedule format) until a Canadian team does win the Cup in order to agree to broadcast NHL games through all of Canada.
the play-in game is bullshit but it means extra $$$ for the league so it's not going anywhere

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
the play-in game is bullshit but it means extra $$$ for the league so it's not going anywhere
If they wanted 10 teams in each conference to have a shot at an NBA title, they should simply formally expand the playoffs to 20 teams, with 7-10 in each conference playing a best-of-three opening round (7 VS. 10 and 8 VS. 9), with the first and if needed third games at the higher seed and the second at the lower seed. The outcome of the 7-10 series determines where the 8-9 winner goes - if 7 wins they play 2 and 8-9 plays 1, if 10 wins they play 1 and 8-9 plays 2. Reseeding would also occur after the conference quarterfinals.

The last playoff expansion was nearly 40 years ago, so we're due for another one.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I posted the final updated Play-In Tournament Schedule and overall playoff bracket in the OP. Tuesday, April 12

• Game 1: (8) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Brooklyn Nets (7 ET, TNT)

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know one year the Hawks were the 8th seed at like 38-44 and I know the Clippers or Kings in the 90's were the same, but Spurs at 34-48 could potentially be a playoff team. Come on, yeah I know more revenue and shit but f***, if you can't finish a season above .500 you shouldn't be competing at this level.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s hilarious how much the Nets feed and rely on Bruce Brown to score. Goes to show just how awful their roster/supporting cast is. He has to be the worst #3 option among all playoff teams. He would barely get bench minutes on a team like the Bucks or Heat.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So 9 and 10 have to win their game and win the loser of the 7/8 match up to advance? And each of the 7 and 8 seeds just have to win once to advance?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Same script repeating itself yet again: Nets build a 20 pt lead at home only to choke it away in a matter of minutes lol. They’re very consistent at least I’ll give them that.

Halfway through the 2nd quarter and Brooklyn has scored TWO points LOL. At home against a depleted Cavs team that’s the best they can do? 2 pts in 6 minutes? Pathetic.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
It’s hilarious how much the Nets feed and rely on Bruce Brown to score. Goes to show just how awful their roster/supporting cast is. He has to be the worst #3 option among all playoff teams. He would barely get bench minutes on a team like the Bucks or Heat.
He's looked like a worthy starting player this year from what i've seen

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
He's looked like a worthy starting player this year from what i've seen

He’s undersized and can’t shoot. He’s only starting for them because they have literally zero other options. He wouldn’t start or have any sort of significant role on any other contender.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Durant and Irving will come back and shoot the lights out again. Hope i'm wrong though

Maybe, but that formula won’t get them far. What an awful roster they have beyond those 2. It’s so poorly constructed. And Nash is a clueless head coach.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
He’s undersized and can’t shoot. He’s only starting for them because they have literally zero other options. He wouldn’t start or have any sort of significant role on any other contender.
50% from the field and 40% from 3 this year. He's definitely not offensively gifted by any stretch, but I think he's a pretty good player. And the only guy I actually like on that team. Stil not a great #3 option for a contender though I'll give you that

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
50% from the field and 40% from 3 this year. He's definitely not offensively gifted by any stretch, but I think he's a pretty good player. And the only guy I actually like on that team. Stil not a great #3 option for a contender though I'll give you that

He worked a lot with Korver to improve that 3pt%, but he still isn’t reliable if there’s high volume. You don’t want him attempting more than 2-3 three pointers per game. And the reason his overall % is so high is because he relies on that little 6 foot floater. Most of his makes are very close to the basket.

But when it comes to his jumpshot, his actual shooting stroke isn’t that good. Midrange or from 3. He’s a rather weak FT shooter too.

I just don’t trust him taking shots in important playoff games. He’s gonna kill this team in the end if they keep utilizing him as their 3rd scorer. The roster being bad isn’t exactly his fault though.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
He worked a lot with Korver to improve that 3pt%, but he still isn’t reliable if there’s high volume. You don’t want him attempting more than 2-3 three pointers per game. And the reason his overall % is so high is because he relies on that little 6 foot floater. Most of his makes are very close to the basket.

But when it comes to his jumpshot, his actual shooting stroke isn’t that good. Midrange or from 3. He’s a rather weak FT shooter too.

I just don’t trust him taking shots in important playoff games. He’s gonna kill this team in the end if they keep utilizing him as their 3rd scorer. The roster being bad isn’t exactly his fault though.
That's fair. His offensive output since the beginning of March or so has been really good, but probably not sustainable long term or for a playoff run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad