OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like Hezonja way more than Mudiay and he fits more of a need for us. I’m interested to see if they move Lee since Fizzdale has said he and TJH aren’t ideal SF

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
Why even have a salary cap with this garbage? Open it up now, put 400 million in front of Boogies face and lets see him make the same choice. So stupid

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Boogie to the Warriors. The NBA is stupid.

I'm so grateful to be a Knicks fan where we won't have to deal with the Warriors as we will get owned by superior East teams who in turn will get owned by the Warriors.

I feel like this insulates me just a tiny bit

Reactions: Mac n Gs

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
NBA needs a hard cap otherwise their overall league health is going to dwindle. There is a clear group of 6 or 7 "haves" with the rest of the league "have nots". Then there is the Warriors, which just isnt fair.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The NBA does not embrace parody at all.
And I love it.
Ratings confirm this, people watch dominance. It's time to change the formula though, scrubs are making way too much money. There needs to be no max salary, so teams will not be able to stack stars because it'll be completely unaffordable. Cousins taking a paycut is still the exception not the rule

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Rondo with the Lakers now.

Re: Boogie - i think the point is that he is going to a team that doesn't need him. He can take his time recovering, come back in when he's 100%, ease in, play well, and show everyone what they'll get next summer. Apparently ZERO GMs called him this summer because of his injury! Smart move on his part. 1 yr signing means he can become a Knick next summer.

Re: Salary cap - I don't understand a lick of how the NBA salary stuff works. What the hell is a mid level exception? What's up with trade exceptions? bi-annual exception? Larry Bird exception? non-bird exception? early bird exception? seriously, wtf??? stretch provisions. It is all crazy jargon. I guess it's all because of this soft cap BS. It just doesn't make any sense in a normal conversation.

Reactions: GordonGecko

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Kind of crazy -- arguably the most talent league-wide the NBA's ever had, yet they've been dealing with a pretty incredible lack of parity that doesn't really look to be ending anytime soon.

But... I'm not sure that they care? Seems like they can make enough money off the big guys to float teams like the Hawks and Hornets

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Knicks picked up what I think is a pretty good player in Hezonja. Misused by Orlando.

I’ve had a hard time keeping as close of tabs on the NBA as I used to, ever since Dolan pushed Walsh out, so I know nothing about this Hezonja dude.

Anyone got a quick scouting report of what to expect?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
NBA needs a hard cap otherwise their overall league health is going to dwindle. There is a clear group of 6 or 7 "haves" with the rest of the league "have nots". Then there is the Warriors, which just isnt fair.

Better than having a league full of mediocre teams where “everyone has a chance” :dunno:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Better than having a league full of mediocre teams where “everyone has a chance” :dunno:
No, actually that is better. Having the fans of all 30 of your NHL teams have some hope creates better health stability of the league longterm.

The NBA is the biggest joke in the US major sports. I would much rather the MLS at this point. Why bother watch the NBA when you already know who the final 4 teams will be with the clear cut winner.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, actually that is better. Having the fans of all 30 of your NHL teams have some hope creates better health stability of the league longterm.

The NBA is the biggest joke in the US major sports. I would much rather the MLS at this point. Why bother watch the NBA when you already know who the final 4 teams will be with the clear cut winner.

I’d rather watch a team take a sport to new heights of greatness rather than the struggle of mediocrity, and clearly I’m not the only one

Reactions: GordonGecko

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I’d rather watch a team take a sport to new heights of greatness rather than the struggle of mediocrity, and clearly I’m not the only one
New heights? What new heights? Watching the same team win over and over again?

Those are some heights.

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad