OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
How about these Knicks!!! Galloway and Grant look excellent. Keeping it competitive against the best non-LeBron team in the East.

Edit- As soon as I post that the Hawks go on a tear :laugh:. Melo has looked really bad these first two games.

Last edited:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The Knicks look infinitely better. Very solid.

Yeah I was gonna say. If Fisher didn't thinK Calderon-Sasha was a good tandem, or that Lance Thomas was an NBA player, the Knicks win.

Kyle O'Quinn looks great, but it appears like he has trouble dunking without a running start. I thought Grant and Gallo looked excellent together-- if Galloway keeps hitting shots he might get consideration for an all-defense team in his future. Dude has a VERY bright future.

Kristaps looked stressed, and he still looks like a dude figuring out how to work his body, but he's flashed huge potential in these first two games. If he looks like this for the rest of the season i'll be happy, especially because I expect him to get confident with his shot by the end of the season.

And this! http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...r-a-second-just-watch-kristaps-porzingis-spin

Wish we had a first round pick this year to help the rebuild, but the Knicks look like they'll be fun to watch (especially with a few less questionable decisions by Fish.)

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Yeah I was gonna say. If Fisher didn't thinK Calderon-Sasha was a good tandem, or that Lance Thomas was an NBA player, the Knicks win.

Kyle O'Quinn looks great, but it appears like he has trouble dunking without a running start. I thought Grant and Gallo looked excellent together-- if Galloway keeps hitting shots he might get consideration for an all-defense team in his future. Dude has a VERY bright future.

Kristaps looked stressed, and he still looks like a dude figuring out how to work his body, but he's flashed huge potential in these first two games. If he looks like this for the rest of the season i'll be happy, especially because I expect him to get confident with his shot by the end of the season.

And this! http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...r-a-second-just-watch-kristaps-porzingis-spin

Wish we had a first round pick this year to help the rebuild, but the Knicks look like they'll be fun to watch (especially with a few less questionable decisions by Fish.)

One reason why I'm not that upset about no pick is the top prospects are Centers and Power Forwards. It's not what the Knicks necessarily needs. We just drafted a 4. Also they drafted Porzingis former teammate and friend Willy Hernangomez who is a Center.

I'd be pissed if it was a guard heavy draft.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Knicks!

Only thing to complain about is Fish's poor rotations. Calderon, Sasha and Lance Thomas are playing too much. Grant and Gallo aren't playing enough.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Great to have Melo back.

If Melo can play more like this as opposed to how he played the last 2 games, the Knicks can absolutely make the playoffs.

Melo, Langston, Lopez, O'Quinn with the wildcards in Grant and KP could certainly contend with the 8th seed of last year. Melo is the best player in the division besides Kyle Lowry.

Or course they would probably get swept by the Cavs, but making the playoffs without a 1st round pick to weaken would he excellent progress for both the young players and Fish.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Knicks!

Only thing to complain about is Fish's poor rotations. Calderon, Sasha and Lance Thomas are playing too much. Grant and Gallo aren't playing enough.

meh. its early. prob just finding out bout the team and who can play so early in the year. its liek an entirely new roster.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
meh. its early. prob just finding out bout the team and who can play so early in the year. its liek an entirely new roster.

True, but watching Calderon get toasted while you see Jerian Grant bleeding potential is rough. I think Calderon should be on the second unit where he can shoot the 3 instead of trying to facilitate the offense and defend starting PGs in today's league.

Or put Galloway next to him so you have SOME semblance of perimeter D. I don't think Sasha has looked awful at all (IMO he's looked better than Jose!) but it's clear they can't hang defensively, and Fish has to realize that.

Galloway finished with starter's minutes, so Fish clearly realized he was their best bet against Wall-Beal, but he needs to start him so the bench stops coming in to close deficits.

It is early though, you're right, but I was low on the Fish firing from the beginning so I guess i'm especially hostile to what I think are some sub par decisions :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad