OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
this thread should be closed until the 2022 when the warriors will get broken up

I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last hoorah. Durant can opt out after next season. Boogie will get a big payday elsewhere. Klay needs an extension in 2 years time.

Barring a miracle they'll win in 2019. Losing KD could start the slide.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last hoorah. Durant can opt out after next season. Boogie will get a big payday elsewhere. Klay needs an extension in 2 years time.

Barring a miracle they'll win in 2019. Losing KD could start the slide.
Durant, kyrie, porzingod big three in nyc baby

Reactions: All Might

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If you watch from night to night the games are great to watch.
If you want to remain fixated on the last team standing. Dont watch the finals

Yeah the playoffs were awesome this year. The finals not so much, but there were about 6 weeks of awesome games leading up to that.

Reactions: cgf

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
My BFF has loved KD since she first saw him play for Texas and has hated the Knicks since Ewing & co where so mean to her beloved bulls as a kid lol.

I would just die if I could get her a KD Knicks jersey for her birthday next year :laugh:
That would be unreal haha

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Kevin Knox was wild in his debut last night.

Trying not to overreact from one summer league game but that was awesome.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really hope this is a sign of things to come with Knox, and he turns out to be a really good player, so he can rub it in the faces of people that booed him when he was picked.

The booing guaranteed it. Knox is a lock to be a quicker Rudy Gay or a bouncier Danny Granger...

But seriously, for how badly his shot is falling right now...despite a smooth release...he’s doing a great job. The motor questions look silly with the way he’s played, he’s got that aggressiveness driving the lane that the folks who watched him before college say he abandoned at Kentucky, he’s hitting the boards well and putting in effort against the ball.

That shot needs to start dropping, his handles need some work for him to become PG 2.0, he’ll need another 10-20 pounds of muscle to bang as a stretch 4, and he’s going to need some time to learn to defend as well as he has the potential to; but the kid has it all to be a star and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Feeding he & KP should be exciting for any star guard in a few years...even if Frank turns out to just be a 3&D guard that can help as a secondary ball handler.

Although with the way Frank played in the 4th quarter of game 1 & yesterday...despite not playing against the cavs...he could well still become more than the guard version of Bruce Bowen.

PS god damn does Robinson have soft hands & touch, nevermind his length & freakish athleticism...buddy jumped over another human by accident for Christ sake :laugh:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The booing stuff is overrated. It's almost becoming a running NY joke to boo at the drafts thanks to the Jets. It's a few superfans that boo and hug the camera.

If the players want to use it as motivation, by all means. But it really shouldn't be a thing, you know? Its like a ESPN hot take segment thing more than a real thing.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Frank is better when he’s more aggressive and plays a bit more selfish. He’s only 19 so he’ll figure it out as he gains experience, and you can tell that his handles are improving too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Frank is better when he’s more aggressive and plays a bit more selfish. He’s only 19 so he’ll figure it out as he gains experience, and you can tell that his handles are improving too.

That's the thing for me. I know some people think you're either born an alpha or you're not...which I really shouldn't complain about, as I have been pushed into leadership positions throughout my life that I either didn't want or wasn't prepared for, and I'm pretty sure that kind of thinking has been a big part of it (alongside my race & "traditionally manly" appearance; over 6', broad shoulders, sharp jaw, butt-chin, charming smile, deep voice, etc.)...but that shit exists on a spectrum and as long as a teenager isn't on the extreme of either end of that spectrum, life can still shape them greatly by the time they become men.

Frank's still a kid but we've seen him play more aggressively in europe, we saw it at times last season (aka the cavs games after bron talked s***), and we've been seeing it in SL since the 4th quarter of game 1. Yes he started that game passively, but it was the 1st game & he's playing with a lot of future team-mates and potential future team-mates for a SL team. For a kid coming out of european ball it's expected for him to come out in the first game and make sure everyone gets involved before even thinking about his own offense...and would be even if he was a score-first PG. So I'm absolutely thrilled with what he's showing so far.

I'm still in the camp that isn't expecting him to ever really become that lead guard that we all want...which is why I keep saying that I'm going to be thrilled if he can become the guard version of Bruce Bowen...but developing this side of his game will help whether he does get there some day or if he ends up having to play next to a lead guard; as a secondary facilitator, spot up shooter & lockdown defender.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Team's really missing Frank today, he runs them well & really helps the other kids. But what a run to get back into it before Knox went to the bench & Hart came back on for LA.

Knox is going to develop the worst habits if he pays too much attention to what he can do when hot lol, cause the kid's shot is just a thing of beauty when it's dropping...needs to start taking one more step before taking off & keep working on that handle to be able to create more reliably when he doesn't have a PG out there who can get him going.

Watching Trier never learn to look for his team-mates is going to be so frustrating cause there's NBA talent there...if the G-league can shake some of the chucker out of him...

And Mitch is such a freak. On one of his blocks he got out to the three point arc from the middle of the court in a split f***ing second. With his soft hands & blocking instincts, I want him to get all the PT his body can survive lol. Plenty of rookie mistakes that remind you that this is just his third game in the past 15 months, but holy crap is the potential huge if we can get him the reps he's missed.

I like Troy Williams as an energy guy to...as long as he knows he's not allowed to handle the rock in the NBA lol, and needs to be trying to take Lance Thomas's job.

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u and darko

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Team's really missing Frank today, he runs the team well & really helps the other kids. But what a run to get back into it before Knox went to the bench & Hart came back on for LA.

Knox is going to develop the worst habits if he pays too much attention to what he can do when hot lol, cause the kid's shot is just a thing of beauty when it's dropping...needs to start taking one more dribble before taking off & keep working on that handle to be able to create more reliably when he doesn't have a PG out there who can get him going.

Watching Trier never learn to look for his team-mates is going to be so frustrating

And Mitch is such a freak. One his blocks he got out to the three point arc from the middle of the court in a split ****ing second. With his soft hands & blocking instincts, I want him to get all the PT his body can survive lol. Plenty of rookie mistakes that remind you that this is just his third game in the past 15 months, but holy crap is the potential huge if we can get him the reps he's missed.

It’s hard not to get excited about Knox. I’m trying to temper my expectations here.

Big Mitch definitely isn’t as raw as I thought. Kid has some game.

Reactions: darko and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It’s hard not to get excited about Knox. I’m trying to temper my expectations here.

Big Mitch definitely isn’t as raw as I thought. Kid has some game.

I'm ready to roll into the season with:

Frank / Burke | Mudiay / Trier
THJr / Lee / Frank | Dot / Trier
Knox / Hezonja | Troy --- Knox & Mario also playing at the 2 & 4
Robinson / Thomas / Troy
Kanter / Robinson | Kornet

...though I am still crossing my fingers for Memphis to decide that since their cap is f***ed until Parsons is an expiring anyways, they might as well bring Lee back for the expiring contracts of Green & McLemore before the season kicks off...since not even the Kings will be dumb enough to give us an expiring for THJr or Noah without the cost being prohibitive.

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
What are the possibilities for trading noah? Are there any other bad contracts worth trading him for?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What are the possibilities for trading noah? Are there any other bad contracts worth trading him for?

Don't need to. He's off the books after next season. If Knicks are smart they won't need cap space this year and next.

Reactions: cgf

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm ready to roll into the season with:

Frank / Burke | Mudiay / Trier
THJr / Lee / Frank | Dot / Trier
Knox / Hezonja | Troy --- Knox & Mario also playing at the 2 & 4
Robinson / Thomas / Troy
Kanter / Robinson | Kornet

...though I am still crossing my fingers for Memphis to decide that since their cap is ****ed until Parsons is an expiring anyways, they might as well bring Lee back for the expiring contracts of Green & McLemore before the season kicks off...since not even the Kings will be dumb enough to give us an expiring for THJr or Noah without the cost being prohibitive.

I think there is probably some value in starting Robinson in Westchester with the G-league club.

I suspect he's going to need some conditioning work. He hasn't played consistently in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad