Nazem Kadri (Pre- Deadline).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Please trade Bozak while his value is high (career year for him), and we haven't seen the best of Kadri, still young and so many years for him to produce

How can you be sure #43 hasn't reached his peak?With most players you know what you have by 25 years old.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
You stated that Kadri"was the best playoff producer in the league when he was in the OHL".Games played,team quality,or not on one of 2 teams was not part of your post.He was near the top,but,not the top.

He was the best playoff producer. Not the leading scorer but producer. Per game he had the highest production. Windsor and Kitchener were both powerhouses that season, are we going to fault Kadri for a 4th place finish even though his team was eliminated 7/8 games earlier? So yes he was the top playoff producer since he did not have the benefit of playing those 7 or 8 additional games.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
How can you be sure #43 hasn't reached his peak?With most players you know what you have by 25 years old.

Who is he playing with, has he ever played with legit top 6 for a season?

I don't want to hear any other arguments, please just answer my question?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Read the origanal post if you want.I see nothing about PPG.
There's also no mention of him leading the OHL in playoff scoring. He uses "best producer" or something along those lines then explains his opinion on why he believed he was the "best" with stats to back it up.

It took me 2 minutes to find the numbers he was talking about and understand his point. You didn't even have to find them, they were given to you and explained why that was the best (highest PPG in 2010).

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
He was the best playoff producer. Not the leading scorer but producer. Per game he had the highest production. Windsor and Kitchener were both powerhouses that season, are we going to fault Kadri for a 4th place finish even though his team was eliminated 7/8 games earlier? So yes he was the top playoff producer since he did not have the benefit of playing those 7 or 8 additional games.

If you said that in the first place I wouldn't have even mentioned anything.Clarity helps when trying to converse with someone using your fingers.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

No.He had his chances though. He just didn't mesh with Kessel.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Just give him a 5 year deal, he's shown us he's capable of listening to Coaches and he's improved his attitude by accounts of his coach and GM.

He's a capable puck handler on a team with no puck handlers, he can enter into zones without breaking a sweat. He draws penalties among the best in the league. He's turned into an average face-off player and improved every year. He's average to above average defensively and he's learning by playing the tougher minutes.

I feel like his positives far outweigh his negatives. Those claiming he's not a winner, please keep in mind he's played his entire NHL career for the leafs.
Before Kadri were we winning anything? Look at the difference in the team wen he plays and does not play. Your basically icing neanderthals without Kadri, JVR, Bozak in the lineup.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No.He had his chances though. He just didn't mesh with Kessel.

What do you mean by chances - playing for 5 games (is that really a chance), he was totally mishandled by previous regime

Is he ever going to be an elite type - the answer is no, but he still is a very useful player to be on 2nd line

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Every rebuild needs a frame.

Kadri is young enough to still be in his prime even if the Leafs offered him a 5 year deal.

I expect him to be resigned sometime this summer for a medium term deal (3-5 years) unless the Leafs are offered a substantial offer for him.

Babcock likes him - he's being used as the team's shutdown centre, and we have a management team that values advanced stats - one of Kadri's strenths. Further, centre depth is one of the Leafs organizations biggest homes. All in all this doesn't really seem like a situation that indicates that Kadri will be traded - the opposite in fact.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
What does that even mean though? A team won't win if Kadri is on the team? He hasn't won because hockey is a team sport and the TEAM hasn't won. The best part about this is that Kadri was the best playoff producer in the league when he was in the OHL...

Easy.This was the post.I see no clarification as to PPG or anything else you ar talking about.
By the way.He was top in PPG during his final season not the other 3 he appeared in.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Kadri is young enough to still be in his prime even if the Leafs offered him a 5 year deal.

I expect him to be resigned sometime this summer for a medium term deal (3-5 years) unless the Leafs are offered a substantial offer for him.

Babcock likes him - he's being used as the team's shutdown centre, and we have a management team that values advanced stats - one of Kadri's strenths. Further, centre depth is one of the Leafs organizations biggest homes. All in all this doesn't really seem like a situation that indicates that Kadri will be traded - the opposite in fact.

I totally agree with you, until and unless you are not getting a substantial return you
keep him - there is no emotions tied to any player but the return should be there

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
After seven years in the organization, shouldn't we be able to spell his name correctly?

LOL:laugh:

The only problem there are 2 common spellings of his first name.
Nazim and Nazeem. All of which I know are pronounced as NAZEEM.

Kadri is often spelt as Khadri. And by that I mean 99% of the time.

He's the only person I know who has his name pronounced as Nazem.

Is there anyone from Thorncliffe Park here that can give us the proper Arabic pronunciation?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Easy.This was the post.I see no clarification as to PPG or anything else you ar talking about.
By the way.He was top in PPG during his final season not the other 3 he appeared in.
It's funny that is the post you took issue with, rather than the post he is responding to which is simply wrong.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto

This is basically how I feel. I am not the biggest Kadri guy, but unless you get an offer that is too good to pass up, just keep him. He will hold enough value that there is not a huge risk at all imo.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
LOL:laugh:

The only problem there are 2 common spellings of his first name.
Nazim and Nazeem. All of which I know are pronounced as NAZEEM.

Kadri is often spelt as Khadri. And by that I mean 99% of the time.

He's the only person I know who has his name pronounced as Nazem.

Is there anyone from Thorncliffe Park here that can give us the proper Arabic pronunciation?

https://youtu.be/nHZHApF9ejM

OvenMittz*

Not arguing or trying to spark anything.. But if he is that much better than his linemates why isn't he out producing one of them in Komarov?

Komarov has been stellar this year and is much more responsible in defense (not saying Kadri is a liability but just not on Komarocs level) we all agree with that.

But Komarov is out producing him... If Kadri was being held back by his linemates he should be out producing them before anyone can make that claim.

OvenMittz*

I got a better question.

His assist to Holland last night was better than Mcdavid's Crappy Highlight goal.

Are they replaying it non-stop on TSN?

That assist was nice.

It has a lot to do with people around the league wanting to follow Mcdavid.. Kadri assist will be on countdowns but the hockey world cares more for what Mcdavid is doing at 18 compared to what Naz is doing at 25...

So I don't blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad