7. Kessel
8. Kaberle
9. Turnbull
10 Roberts

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Poll should be Kessel or Bozak, as our coach seems to have them glued together. Both are to weak defensively to keep together on one line. So who do we keep? I would keep Kessel.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Poll should be Kessel or Bozak, as our coach seems to have them glued together. Both are to weak defensively to keep together on one line. So who do we keep? I would keep Kessel.

You mean Kessel + Bozak OR Kadri? Because thats the only way that logic works.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
You mean Kessel + Bozak OR Kadri? Because thats the only way that logic works.

Nope, we have to many weak defensive and possession players in our top six. That line needs to go. Those two have had five years to improve in those areas, yet haven't. A team can't afford to have lots of weak defensive and possession players in their top six. So Kessel or Bozak, who to trade?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
(Not Goalies) Off the top of my head.

1. Gilmour
2. Sittler
3. Salming
4. Sundin
5. Clark
6. Mcdonald
7. Kessel
8. Kaberle
9. Turnbull
10 Roberts

I'd have Rick Vaive way ahead of Kessel. The team didn't have a lot of success with him either but 3 straight 50 goal years is a lot more impressive (even in the 80s) than Kessel's 30 odd.

leach11

Jul 4, 2012
I'd have Rick Vaive way ahead of Kessel. The team didn't have a lot of success with him either but 3 straight 50 goal years is a lot more impressive (even in the 80s) than Kessel's 30 odd.

No it's not. The last 3 seasons Kessel has been 6th, 8th, and 6th in NHL scoring (point production). Rick Vaive was never a top 10 point producer in the NHL and was only in the top 20 one time.

Even from a goal perspective, Vaive's 3 peak seasons are only marginally better than Kessel's when taking into account their respective eras.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No it's not. The last 3 seasons Kessel has been 6th, 8th, and 6th in NHL scoring (point production). Rick Vaive was never a top 10 point producer in the NHL and was only in the top 20 one time.

Even from a goal perspective, Vaive's 3 peak seasons are only marginally better than Kessel's when taking into account their respective eras.

Rick Vaive was 5th in NHL goal scoring in 1982, 7th in NHL goal scoring in 1983 and 5th in NHL goal scoring in 1984 in an era when Gretzky was in his goal scoring prime and Bossy and Dionne were still active.

hockeyfanz*

Rick Vaive was 5th in NHL goal scoring in 1982, 7th in NHL goal scoring in 1983 and 5th in NHL goal scoring in 1984 in an era when Gretzky was in his goal scoring prime and Bossy and Dionne were still active.

LOL...reviving the Kessel vs. Vaive analogy. Personally I think Kessel is a more skilled player but Vaive kicks his ass in grit for sure. They both could score goals at a similar rate with eras taken into consideration. Vaive was the better leader for me.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Nope, we have to many weak defensive and possession players in our top six. That line needs to go. Those two have had five years to improve in those areas, yet haven't. A team can't afford to have lots of weak defensive and possession players in their top six. So Kessel or Bozak, who to trade?

Kessel would be great with a true #1 and it's not Bozak's fault he's being mismanaged. Put your agenda aside and answer the poll properly or don't post in this thread perhaps?

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Kessel would be great with a true #1 and it's not Bozak's fault he's being mismanaged. Put your agenda aside and answer the poll properly or don't post in this thread perhaps?

I agree and have stated that numerous times its not all Bozak's fault he is being mismanaged. Think in this very thread I said that. Nice try though.

leach11

Jul 4, 2012

He's clearly a superior goal scorer than Kessel, but I think it would be quite difficult to argue that he's a better overall offensive player.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
This fan base sucks.

Leaf fans are the best at wanting their players to be something else. It's like a child who gets a toy, plays with it and after a while gets bored and wants a newer, shinier toy.

jughead42*

Its crap like this that keeps a Stamkos or Tavares from signing here as a ufa. Would you want to sign in Toronto if you knew the fans were just going to idolize Josh Leivo more than you? Kessel is so far and away a superior player both now and into the far flung future that this poll does nothing but advertise our stupidity as a fan base. Seriously, almost half the respondents would select Kadri? What has he done exactly besides have a completely average career? I see a lot of people choosing Naz, but not a lot giving a reason why his mediocre contributions are somehow more valuable.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Its crap like this that keeps a Stamkos or Tavares from signing here as a ufa. Would you want to sign in Toronto if you knew the fans were just going to idolize Josh Leivo more than you? Kessel is so far and away a superior player both now and into the far flung future that this poll does nothing but advertise our stupidity as a fan base. Seriously, almost half the respondents would select Kadri? What has he done exactly besides have a completely average career? I see a lot of people choosing Naz, but not a lot giving a reason why his mediocre contributions are somehow more valuable.

Oh the sweet sweet irony.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Its crap like this that keeps a Stamkos or Tavares from signing here as a ufa. Would you want to sign in Toronto if you knew the fans were just going to idolize Josh Leivo more than you?

What are you smoking? Everyone knows Josh Leivo is far superior to both those guys.

jughead42*

All these people voting to keep Kadri, are you aware that a faster, smarter, more talented and skilled version is already waiting to take his spot in the lineup? Nylander does everything Kadri does, but is faster, more skilled, and smarter. So there's an upgrade on Kadri already in the pipeline. Who would replace Kessel? Who is the upgrade on Kessel that will take his spot if he's traded? Who is faster than Phil, who has a better shot? I'd be interested to hear that, because that player doesn't exist. So yeah, lets trade Phil and keep Nazem and his nifty mitts that can't outscore David Clarkson without the help of an empty net or two.

mikebel111*

All these people voting to keep Kadri, are you aware that a faster, smarter, more talented and skilled version is already waiting to take his spot in the lineup? Nylander does everything Kadri does, but is faster, more skilled, and smarter. So there's an upgrade on Kadri already in the pipeline. Who would replace Kessel? Who is the upgrade on Kessel that will take his spot if he's traded? Who is faster than Phil, who has a better shot? I'd be interested to hear that, because that player doesn't exist. So yeah, lets trade Phil and keep Nazem and his nifty mitts that can't outscore David Clarkson without the help of an empty net or two.

Kadri has more points than Clarkson and Frattin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad