Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I believe the Avs website lists him with #43

Just checked, the website does have him listed as #43

And he will be the first Avs/Nords player to wear #43 since Michael Sgarbossa donned it last in 2015. The first player to ever wear it was the late Bryan Fogarty.

One other notable Avs player to wear it...? Legendary draft-strategy-altering bust Mikhail Kuleshov.

Reactions: obZen and Y3TI

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Given his winger situation, I'm guessing 25/25. 30g seems high considering that his wingers are mostly middle sixers.
You know I don't disagree, but if he's going to be on the first PP unit which seems like a good chance now I think he can absolutely hit 30 goals. His assist ratio probably won't be high due to the lack of winger depth, but goals I can see it.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I actually think the way Jost finds people open when he's behind the net could blend really well with Kadri. I really wish we were entering this season with a bit more of a proven winger tandem for Kadri than Jost/Burakovsky, but at the same time there's a bit of excitement for me because those guys could absolutely blow up this year and suddenly we are legitimate contenders.

Reactions: obZen

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
1. 30+ Goals.
2. Awesome on the PP
3. MUCH needed secondary scoring + Grit / Determination
4. Chemistry with players not named Landeskog / Rantanen
5. Will become a fan favorite very quickly
6. Will be hoisting a Cup in a burgundy and blue sweater

Reactions: obZen

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
He is underrated and when relied upon he's a beast in the shut down role and frequently out performs higher level competition by out chancing them and making them take penalties. He needs a key role on the team to bring out his beast mode. Sad to see him go but he became less effective as just a depth guy with lesser minutes and no key roles.

Reactions: Koolboss

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
1. 30+ Goals.
2. Awesome on the PP
3. MUCH needed secondary scoring + Grit / Determination
4. Chemistry with players not named Landeskog / Rantanen
5. Will become a fan favorite very quickly
6. Will be hoisting a Cup in a burgundy and blue sweater
I didnt have to read the name to know who this post is coming from:thumbu:

Reactions: cgf

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Hoping for 55 - 65 points. He doesn't exactly have all world talent to play on his wings though so I'm skeptical.

I would say 60-65 points...he carried plugs last year for us...I feel pretty confident your 2nd line is better than Patrick Marleau and Connor Brown lol...you guys will love him...heart and soul type guy, sticks up for teammates...I liken him to a poor man's Brad Marchand...plus you guys don't need him to be Mr Tough guy like we did in Toronto...his head will be screwed on and he will be motivated to show the Leafs that they made a huge mistake in getting rid of him...
Prediction: He will become a Colorado fan favorite while also being the most polarizing guy on the team lol...but he will force teams to look past your 1st line...great pick up and we are going to miss him in Toronto

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Watched some highlights. He's a beefy guy with puck skills. What's not to like?

Just think a poor man's Brad Marchand...he is fearless (I still remember him getting in a fight with Joe Thornton and ripping a handful of his beard out during the fight lol)
That about sums Kadri up right there...he will go through a wall for his team and he is quite skilled to boot (he had to carry plugs last year so don't judge him based on that)

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
30+30. Very high expectations! It seems like he was fans favorite in Toronto. That's good news!

He was extremely polarizing for us...those of us who loved him really loved the guy...those of us who didn't...wished broken legs on him essentially lol...
I find myself in the love Kadri category...he's a heart and soul guy who will go through walls for his teammates...you guys really got a good one from us I can only hope Barrie is the RD that we are hoping he turns out to be (we are looking at Kerfoot as a 3C and Barrie paired with Muzzin on our D corp)

Reactions: Koolboss

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would say 60-65 points...he carried plugs last year for us...I feel pretty confident your 2nd line is better than Patrick Marleau and Connor Brown lol...you guys will love him...heart and soul type guy, sticks up for teammates...I liken him to a poor man's Brad Marchand...plus you guys don't need him to be Mr Tough guy like we did in Toronto...his head will be screwed on and he will be motivated to show the Leafs that they made a huge mistake in getting rid of him...
Prediction: He will become a Colorado fan favorite while also being the most polarizing guy on the team lol...but he will force teams to look past your 1st line...great pick up and we are going to miss him in Toronto

Bura & Donskoi might not be the biggest of upgrades if we end up keeping the big line together and Jost can't win a top 6 gig :laugh:

...though I'd like to see him and Mikko together if we can get a 3rd wheel for the top line that doesn't hold MacK n Landy back.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Bura & Donskoi might not be the biggest of upgrades if we end up keeping the big line together and Jost can't win a top 6 gig :laugh:

...though I'd like to see him and Mikko together if we can get a 3rd wheel for the top line that doesn't hold MacK n Landy back.

even small upgrades can make a huge difference when playing with a guy like Kadri...if either of them has any ability to pass or finish while playing a strong game they will fit right in with Naz

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
even small upgrades can make a huge difference when playing with a guy like Kadri...if either of them has any ability to pass or finish while playing a strong game they will fit right in with Naz

That's why I think Donskoi would be a good 3rd wheel for Naz & Mikko, if Jost didn't win that job. Joonas is unlikely to be the next Wild Bill, but he has good hands, good wheels, good size, a good two-way game and he's a good passer. With Kadri and Mikko both being threats to pop for 30+ driving that line; I feel like there should be a natural synergy to a line featuring those three.

Though I'd expect our top line to open camp together, with Kadri getting Burakovsky & Donskoi/Jost as his wingers...though I'm not expecting much more from Bura than we got from Kerf; which, you may have noticed, isn't rated particularly highly around here...and won't be surprised for Bura to end up in the bottom 6, or even healthy-scratched, by the new year.

If Bura breaks out and can reliably help a top 6 line for the next few seasons that Jost / Kaut / Newhook are polished, then things look great, but if he doesn't then we're 1 legit top 6er short of where we need to be to take another step forward this season.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
That's why I think Donskoi would be a good 3rd wheel for Naz & Mikko, if Jost didn't win that job. Joonas is unlikely to be the next Wild Bill, but he has good hands, good wheels, good size, a good two-way game and he's a good passer. With Kadri and Mikko both being threats to pop for 30+ driving that line; I feel like there should be a natural synergy to a line featuring those three.

Though I'd expect our top line to open camp together, with Kadri getting Burakovsky & Donskoi/Jost as his wingers...though I'm not expecting much more from Bura than we got from Kerf; which, you may have noticed, isn't rated particularly highly around here...and won't be surprised for Bura to end up in the bottom 6, or even healthy-scratched, by the new year.

If Bura breaks out and can reliably help a top 6 line for the next few seasons that Jost / Kaut / Newhook are polished, then things look great, but if he doesn't then we're 1 legit top 6er short of where we need to be to take another step forward this season.

I have my fingers crossed for you guys...I legitimately want Naz to succeed so here's hoping for that huge step forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad