Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Kadri stripping Mcdavid.
giphy.gif

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
If he gets PP minutes no reason he can't return to the same production at 2C he had in Toronto.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Kadri is Sakic's dream version of RoR. He's only $4.1 million AAV and fits under the Duchene cap.

Edit: but in all fairness Sakic has done well since the Duchene trade inclusive. I can't complain

A couple of trades still hurting, O'Reilly is one but I'm not complaining, we can't live in the past.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
60-70 points in a rebound season. He'll pull some of our other boys up with him as well....possibly the new guys like Burakovsky

He's eclipsed 60 points exactly 1 time, and was (oddly enough) Matthews' rookie season, 2016-17.

Thinking he'll suddenly pull out 70 is how you set someone up to fail.

I'm thinking ~60 points at most is what he'll be good for, and that's damn good for a 2C.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hey Avs fans, Leafs fan here! Kadri has been my favourite payer since I was 10 watching him as a Kitchener Ranger in his OHL rookie season, safe to say it was a heart breaking trade from the fandom side of things (although good from a hockey perspective).

You got yourself a great 2C, I expect Kadri will come in around 25 goals and 30ish assists; maybe more if he is on PP1 with the 3 top forwards. He has amazing moments of skill where he explodes and dangles people, Kadri is usually good for a couple amazing highlights a year in that sense. He is also great on the defensive end, he kind of lost that responsibility this last year so he make look rough around the edges come the start of the season but he is a hard worker and it will all come back to him. If you are into fighting you will also love when Naz drop them, he often finds himself against guys who are far bigger than him (Thornton, Risto, Backes, Hedmen) and goes into with no fear. He has all the making for a fan favourite as he was here in Toronto the last 10 years.

Good luck in the coming year! I guess the one benefit of this trade is I'll watch more Avs games which means I get to see more MacKinnon.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In the 20’s for goals and 50’s for assists while matching top lines and allowing Mackinnon to feast on secondary competition is my hope.

The 20s for goals makes sense for a nice bounce back season even if he does not play most of the year with Landy or Mikko, but 50 assists? Did you mean 50's for points? Is Mikko putting up 40 goals next year on his wing?

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Hey Avs fans, Leafs fan here! Kadri has been my favourite payer since I was 10 watching him as a Kitchener Ranger in his OHL rookie season, safe to say it was a heart breaking trade from the fandom side of things (although good from a hockey perspective).

You got yourself a great 2C, I expect Kadri will come in around 25 goals and 30ish assists; maybe more if he is on PP1 with the 3 top forwards. He has amazing moments of skill where he explodes and dangles people, Kadri is usually good for a couple amazing highlights a year in that sense. He is also great on the defensive end, he kind of lost that responsibility this last year so he make look rough around the edges come the start of the season but he is a hard worker and it will all come back to him. If you are into fighting you will also love when Naz drop them, he often finds himself against guys who are far bigger than him (Thornton, Risto, Backes, Hedmen) and goes into with no fear. He has all the making for a fan favourite as he was here in Toronto the last 10 years.

Good luck in the coming year! I guess the one benefit of this trade is I'll watch more Avs games which means I get to see more MacKinnon.
Well said, I will watching more AVS games than leafs to be honest

Reactions: Y3TI

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
30+ goals, 80 points, leads the NHL in PIM. starts a brand new rivalry of the Avs with the Stars after the smokes Perry.

How many times do you guys play the Sharks in a year? Kadri loves going at Jumbo but only got to do it twice a year with us.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hope we never have to see MacK without Landy again. Not that Nate needs Gabe, but I want him freed up to create as much as possible and I want him to be able to expend as little energy on winning the puck back, as possible.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
If we give him Rantanen, and say Jost, I'd say he hits 30-33 goals + 25-30 assists (playing PP1 I would assume)

If he plays with Jost and Burakovsky/Donskoi, that might drive his point totals down a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00