www.armoredheadspace.com
When he wins his first faceoff I'm gonna be all
giphy.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
20 Goals, 50+ points with quality two-way play and that pest factor would be solid contributions for me.

If he can return to a 30G and 60 point level along with that other stuff I think we might have something special here.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
50-60 points, good 2-way game, annoying to play against, no bone headed hits resulting in multi-game suspensions come playoffs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd be beyond thrilled if he hit 30 goals again, a lot of that in Toronto was Mitch Marner setting him up, so if he hit THOSE totals, I'm guessing Burakovsky and/or Jost are somehow both hitting their strides as well.

I really don't have an expectation points-wise, just be that 2C and carry the load at both ends of the ice so that the top line can flourish.

I think the projected lines will need to be tinkered a bit. Jost and Bura both becoming scoring line wingers just sounds too good to be true.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Watched some highlights. He's a beefy guy with puck skills. What's not to like?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
As much as I dont want to break up the top line, but the idea of putting Landeskog with Kadri on 2nd line and Burakovsky left wing with Mack and Rants, this will give Burakovsky the best chance to break out and maybe produce at higher rate, and also it will give Kadri a good chance to put up 60 or even 60+ points

Last edited:

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
As much as I dont want to break up the top line, but the idea of putting Landeskog with Kadri on 2nd line and Burakovsky left wing with Mack and Rants, this will give Burakovsky the best chance to break out and maybe produce at hire rate, and also it will give Kadri a good chance to put up 60 or even 60+ points
If Burakovsky signs a 3 or 4 year deal before the season. I also want him on the 1st line. Otherwise keep him on the 2nd line and make him prove it.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
My expectations for him and his line is to be able to free up the MacKinnon line (and whomever is with him) and allow them to dominate. Whether he puts up 50 points or 60 is fine by me. What we need is other teams to have to focus on more than one line. I believe Kadri can help do that. It's also nice to finally have a forward that a coach can say "cover that guy and make his life hell for the game."

Not gonna lie, it's going to be extremely weird to see him in an Avs jersey for the first time (and Barrie in a Leafs jersey).

Reactions: klozge

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
17g 24a
He's going to either be carrying tweeners on the second line or playing a pure shutdown role with Nieto and Calvert.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Depends who is on his wing. Expect a pesky competitor who's just as good if not better defensively than offensively. Give him Landeskog or Rantanen full time and he breaks 60 points quite easily with a chance at 70. Stack the first line and give Kadri the yougins and expect 55ish points give or take.

Last edited:

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
Good offensive 2C if playing with Rantanen (35g-30a). Good defensive 2C if playing with Landeskog. Still a good 2C otherwise but don't expect him to excel at either role.

Significant upgrade to PP1 over Wilson and Kerfoot. I'd expect it to be one of the best in the league now that the opposition can't blindly focus on MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Annoying to play against.

I think expecting any more is not in line with his past performance. Maybe he has a Marchand career trajectory if he can focus on playing and less on extracurriculars but I doubt it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In the 20’s for goals and 50’s for assists while matching top lines and allowing Mackinnon to feast on secondary competition is my hope.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad