Nazem Kadri Expectations

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I'm going to be rooting for naz and you guys to come out of the west. Fackkk, it seems so surreal he is gone. He literally represented an entire era for some leafs fans especially those of my age.

Also, you should pair him with your best passer. He's a shoot first centre.

Reactions: Koolboss

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That's a pretty good season but it's above his usual Suspension per Season pace. That usually hovers around 1.

SpS. Your newest hot analytical metric.

(good luck to you guys on the upcoming season. Will be cheering Naz along the entire way)
One in regular season one in the playoffs

In all seriousness though, I hope he behaves himself and doesn't pick up any suspensions. Landeskog is known to go overboard and pick up suspensions too, and the last thing Avs need is both Kadri and Landeskog start getting suspended.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

In all seriousness though, I hope he behaves himself and doesn't pick up any suspensions. Landeskog is known to go overboard and pick up suspensions too, and the last thing Avs need is both Kadri and Landeskog start getting suspended.

Fair. He's clutch in the playoffs. Has a pretty high suspension per playoffs and that's probably trending upwards.

The good thing is that when Kadri is going to cross the line...you can see it coming. It's rarely out of the blue and there's a decent lead up to it so.... hopefully you have a coaching staff/roster that can pull him back from the edge because he's a terrific player when he's right on that edge.

Can defend. Draws penalties. Can score 30. Agitates beyond belief.

Reactions: the_fan

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

I'm not very concerned about Landeskog.

Kadri & Zadorov is another story though. ;-) If I were the opponent I would do my very best to provoke these guys, that's for sure.

Reactions: the_fan

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I think it will be Landy and Yost as his wings.. Rants has not played well when he was away from Mack so I am sure they will keep those 2 together.

Bura / Mack / Rants
Landy / Kadri / Jost

I see Kadri getting 65 points and being a 30 goal scorer.

Reactions: Foxtail

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think it will be Landy and Yost as his wings.. Rants has not played well when he was away from Mack so I am sure they will keep those 2 together.

Bura / Mack / Rants
Landy / Kadri / Jost

I disagree. I don’t think they want to break up 9296. I think they’ve tried to adress the 2nd line in a way where they have several options and they won’t have to shove 9296 underwater so the other lines can breathe air.

They waited a long time to break up 9296 last year and soon after Jost was sent down.

I think they want guys to earn their way into the top 6 and don’t want to break up 9296. I think it will start out with Jost and Burakovsky. Then from there, they’ll try Jost at 3c. Joe also mentioned Kadri playing wing, which suggests they’ll want to try Jost at 2c.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Bura / Mack / Rants
Landy / Kadri / Jost

I REALLY don't see that one happening. You're taking the three most responsible defensively and piling them onto one line, and then leaving two of the worst defensively up front and putting them with a guy who's been referred to as a floater during his time in WSH. The reason the top line works so very well is because Landy does a lot of the dirty work.

That's kinda why I think Kadri and Jost could work. Both could freely switch between LW and C and Jost has played his best hockey alongside guys like Landeskog who play mean and physical.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
I expect he will singlehandedly revive the rivalry with the Red Wings. #NewLemieux

Reactions: 21

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Bura / Mack / Rants
Landy / Kadri / Jost

The first line needs someone in the checking/defensive role, so maybe this would be more balanced:

Donskoi - Mack - Rants
Landy - Kadri - Bura
Wilson - Jost - Compher

Donskoi definitely has the speed and hands to keep up with Mack and Rants, and this way you have defensively solid players spread across all lines

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I would love to see:
Landy-The Dream-Josty
As a line as I think it would finally allow Jost to be productive offensively and gain confidence.

Reactions: Koolboss

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Donskoi is from Finland, this mean even more Finnish patriotic fans here... :sarcasm:

Well, it will never get boring.

Oulun Kärpät, Uleåborg.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
30 and 30 playing with Rants and Jost

I feel like Mackinnon should have Landy on his line. Having Landy play "center" in the defensive zone lets Mack jump up on the rush and get plenty of scoring chances. Bura should be good enough to be better than Kerfoot and be the third wheel on that line allowing Rants to drop down to Kadri's wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad