Nazem Kadri Discussion - MOD WARNING IN THE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvenMittz*

You think Carolina would even consider trading Hanifan for Kadri straight up? I really don't think so.

I would be all over it. But I doubt it.

The only thing I can suspect that they might look into it is.. Eric Stall is probably out the door and they might need someone to either try to take the role or promote from within and let Kadri be the 2c. Kadri is young enough that they might gamble on.

But for Hanifin.. I'd imagine they can get a lot more than him if they're shopping.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Lou I would suspect isn't as leaniant as you are.

He wants this team clean shaven before games and if it were up to him would have nobody's number over 30.

He cares about the image if a franchise a lot.. And I mean.. A LOT.

I'd assume suspensions for these mental errors aren't forgotten. If it were someone like Clune I'd assume it would be a little more forgettable but if Kadri is going to be apart of the core... Lou expects ALOT more accountability.

What it has to do with image? not sure about it

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
cant stamkos shelter the kids better then kadri can?

Sure, but Stamkos isn't a guarantee though and even then, we need a couple of more guys who can shelter the younger players.

Kadri is also great defensively and would help in facing the top competition and taking the toughest starts, while Nylander and co. can feast on the others.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
That late 1st better come with a good prospect as well

Whats the point of trading Kadri for say the 30th overall pick. You can bet Leafs think Kadri is worth higher than that.

Absolutely, he was a 7th overall that panned out. Silly to now trade him for a late round pick.

Last edited:

OvenMittz*

What it has to do with image? not sure about it

One of your core players suspended for a death threat on the ice (as silly as we make of it, it is what it is)

Media already all over it. It shows lack of discipline. Its not the end of the world but definitely something Lou out of all GMs would hate to see coming from his potential (maybe) future core player

OvenMittz*

Funny how nobody came to his defence, except here.

Clune tried but no takers.

To be honest it would need to be a player who can plat and drop the gloves just as well (lucic only player that comes to mind).

Someone you can give minutes to, to make Gio night a living hell for that hit on our star player.

Sadly there is only so much minutes Clune can get to go after Gio especially is there isn't anyone else who would want to fight him.

I really want Lucic here..

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Clune tried but no takers.

To be honest it would need to be a player who can plat and drop the gloves just as well (lucic only player that comes to mind).

Someone you can give minutes to, to make Gio night a living hell for that hit on our star player.

Sadly there is only so much minutes Clune can get to go after Gio especially is there isn't anyone else who would want to fight him.

I really want Lucic here..

Lucic would charge, punch and takle his way to an extended powerplay for the opposing team. Do not want.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
One of your core players suspended for a death threat on the ice (as silly as we make of it, it is what it is)

Media already all over it. It shows lack of discipline. Its not the end of the world but definitely something Lou out of all GMs would hate to see coming from his potential (maybe) future core player

This is a contact sport and it happen all the time. It is not the 1st nor it's going to be the last time. You guys have no idea what kind of verbal abuse go on and off the ice, been blow out of proportion and shouldn't be a subject for discussion

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I'm not a Kadri fanboy by any respect but this is straight up ridiculous. Should he use more caution in the future? Yes.

**** gets heated in battle. I like the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

OvenMittz*

This is a contact sport and it happen all the time. It is not the 1st nor it's going to be the last time. You guys have no idea what kind of verbal abuse go on and off the ice, been blow out of proportion and shouldn't be a subject for discussion

I think you're missing the point.

It is an aggressive sport but it still needs to keep its image. Making death threat gestures on while being filmed is a red flag. If the cameras weren't on him who knows of it would of been as big of a deal, but its a rule now.. And that rule was broken. The NHL needs to keep there hands clean and although small, they can't let this go without some repercussions whether it be a warning/fine/suspension it needs to be known it is not allowed.

He could say that crap all he wants under his breathe. Same goes for the middle finger.. I think it was Avery who got fined or suspended for it awhile back.. But if he just said "F*** you" it would of been fine. Lol

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014

It is an aggressive sport but it still needs to keep its image.

Why? He has an image. His image is a skilled player who's a **** disturber. That's just who he is. Was the gesture itself stupid? Yes. However I never want to see him stray from playing on the edge like he does. Love seeing the emotion.

Making death threat gestures on while being filmed is a red flag. If the cameras weren't on him who knows of it would of been as big of a deal, but its a rule now.. And that rule was broken.

What? So if it doesn't get shown it's not an issue? A red flag lol.

OvenMittz*

Why? He has an image. His image is a skilled player who's a **** disturber. That's just who he is. Was the gesture itself stupid? Yes. However I never want to see him stray from playing on the edge like he does. Love seeing the emotion.

What? So if it doesn't get shown it's not an issue? A red flag lol.

He can play with an edge without making death threats on national TV.

Of course its a dumb rule but I can see why they have it in place .. A long with a lot of people do. If you can't understand it and keep asking why then that's on you.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I see your guys point about Kadri playing with emotion and an edge to his game, I like that about him too. There are ways to play with emotion that don't involve making a stupid throat slashing gesture. It's not only inappropriate, it's embarrassing.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
He can play with an edge without making death threats on national TV.

Of course its a dumb rule but I can see why they have it in place .. A long with a lot of people do. If you can't understand it and keep asking why then that's on you.

Agreed.

I had more of an issue with you calling it a red flag while being filmed. As in something that we should be worried about in the future. But not so much if it's not in the public eye. That's what I found humorous.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I'd be surprised to see the nhl let a leaf get away with anything even borderline...because they always make an example out of our guys.

Then again, Lou is the nhl's daddy, so maybe that'll change now.

Victim complex much? This is an absolutely baffling post which makes you lose credibility when you think the League has some sort of vendetta against the Leafs.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen, bar none.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

It is an aggressive sport but it still needs to keep its image. Making death threat gestures on while being filmed is a red flag. If the cameras weren't on him who knows of it would of been as big of a deal, but its a rule now.. And that rule was broken. The NHL needs to keep there hands clean and although small, they can't let this go without some repercussions whether it be a warning/fine/suspension it needs to be known it is not allowed.

He could say that crap all he wants under his breathe. Same goes for the middle finger.. I think it was Avery who got fined or suspended for it awhile back.. But if he just said "F*** you" it would of been fine. Lol

I am not too worried to be very honest, he should play with attitude

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
lol, just saw it for the first time. Thats nothing. I was thinking he was somehow gesturing to the other guy that he was gonna slash his throat with his skate or something lol.

I cant believe people are actually upset about that. Lol, I guess thats the world in 2016.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

The "stuff" as you call it on the ice is not picked up by the mic's or cameras so the NHL don't care. Difference is he is sitting on the bench for all to see and makes a death threat to an opposing player, after the Bertuzzi incident do you think the NHL has a tolerance for stuff like this? If he had of done his "stuff" on the ice no one would have said a peep. This ain't roller derby after all... :shakehead

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Victim complex much? This is an absolutely baffling post which makes you lose credibility when you think the League has some sort of vendetta against the Leafs.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen, bar none.

It was kinda tin-foil-y eh?

mikebel111*

Okay people can we move on from this. Its been taken care of.
Time to just focus on his play now.

mikebel111*

Once again no concrete evidence of these supposed of these character issues.

As Pete Deboer said "you can win with players like Kadri"
Didnt think that one through did you now:)

mikebel111*

“This is my two cents on Naz. He’s been –- in my opinion — the best forward on our team, he competes every night,†Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said Saturday. “He’s in on all the chances, he generates a ton and he’s been way better than I expected. In a 100 mile journey he’s on mile 25. He’s going to get a way better as long as he competes. If he wants to be good, he’s going to be good. It’s up to him.â€
“I’ve just been here with him for two months and I know he’s working at getting better,†he said. “I’m thoroughly impressed with him. He’s competing in the gym — he’s getting better in that area every day. He’s looking after himself better. He practices better.

#nocharacterissues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad