Nazem Kadri Discussion - MOD WARNING IN THE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Kadri at 51% on faceoffs. His entire game has shown great improvement, but I think the biggest one is face offs. I for one wasn't sure how great he would be on draws, but it looks like he is now at least decent at them which is great news.

mikebel111*

With how much this new management has impressed me, I put the faith of Kadri's on their hands in the end.

If they decide, he has shown enough to keep around. Fine by me

If they think he hasn't, and would be better used in a trade, I am happy as well

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I wonder if a contender would give up a late first round pick for Kadri.

He's a great #3 and could be a good #2 if surrounded by the right players.

mikebel111*

I wonder if a contender would give up a late first round pick for Kadri.

He's a great #3 and could be a good #2 if surrounded by the right players.

That late 1st better come with a good prospect as well

Whats the point of trading Kadri for say the 30th overall pick. You can bet Leafs think Kadri is worth higher than that.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
That late 1st better come with a good prospect as well

Whats the point of trading Kadri for say the 30th overall pick. You can bet Leafs think Kadri is worth higher than that.

Of course I'd like a top prospect as well.

Not sure if he holds that value though.

Maybe a late first and a B prospect.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't see what the a Leafs gain out of a late 1st.

I'd prefer to flip him (if he is to be traded) for a more established asset.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I don't see what the a Leafs gain out of a late 1st.

I'd prefer to flip him (if he is to be traded) for a more established asset.

Agreed! Even high 1sts are still gambles, such as Tlusty, Schenn, Daigle, Wellwood, Cowen. I'd bet there are hundreds over the last 30 years that amounted to borderline or never even playing 75 games in the NHL

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Trading Kadri now seems dumb. If we sign Stamkos and install him as our #1C then it's worth considering. But if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't want to Nylander (or Matthews for that matter) to start their career with the pressure that would comes with the #1C job. And while I'm happy with Bozak this season, I don't think he's suited for the job either. Bozak with Kessel and JVR got crushed by the opposition last season, hard to see him doing much better with JVR and whoever in place of Kessel.

Bottom line, Kadri has a ton of value to us right now.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Trading Kadri for anything other than a huge overpayment is dumb. We need him. to shelter the young guys for the upcoming years. We don't want an Edmonton esque disaster on us.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Trading Kadri now seems dumb. If we sign Stamkos and install him as our #1C then it's worth considering. But if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't want to Nylander (or Matthews for that matter) to start their career with the pressure that would comes with the #1C job. And while I'm happy with Bozak this season, I don't think he's suited for the job either. Bozak with Kessel and JVR got crushed by the opposition last season, hard to see him doing much better with JVR and whoever in place of Kessel.

Bottom line, Kadri has a ton of value to us right now.

I agree - there is no question about it

OvenMittz*

If Kadri can get us Dumba or Harmonic maybe.. I'd be a happy camper.

Any good young to youngish defensemen with high potential would be great use of asset management with Kadri in the deal

With the up coming draft being Forward heavy and us likely to pick high and get us a top Forward I see Kadri being more expendable in the near future once the insulation for the kids will obly bw needed for a short period which we have others who can fill that temporary role and can slot down for a cheaper price.

Using a forward player on our roster with high trade value to get us back a quality Defensemen who would be apart of our core would be ideal.

If no team is giving us anything close to that or something to help us get there than were better off riding him out.

mikebel111*

Trading Kadri for anything other than a huge overpayment is dumb. We need him. to shelter the young guys for the upcoming years. We don't want an Edmonton esque disaster on us.

A good return back and than I would pull the trigger

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Meh. This kinda stuff happens all the time. It happens in pretty much every sport that involves physicality. People basically vocalize that regularly. He lost his cool, and made a physical gesture. Not a good look, but Naz is an emotional guy.

He'll be just fine. The guy plays with heart and grit. It just got away from him for a split second. Should extend, ASAP.

Which is so true - if he is suspended, so be it, I am not going to get upset with him or the suspension

OvenMittz*

Which is so true - if he is suspended, so be it, I am not going to get upset with him or the suspension

Lou I would suspect isn't as leaniant as you are.

He wants this team clean shaven before games and if it were up to him would have nobody's number over 30.

He cares about the image if a franchise a lot.. And I mean.. A LOT.

I'd assume suspensions for these mental errors aren't forgotten. If it were someone like Clune I'd assume it would be a little more forgettable but if Kadri is going to be apart of the core... Lou expects ALOT more accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad