Nazem Kadri Discussion - MOD WARNING IN THE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So Komarov.. A 3c winger, out producing Kadri (not saying he's better than Kadri but out producing him) is dragging Kadri down? I don't want to nitpick and change what you are trying to say but that's the vibe I'm getting from you, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just confused at how Komarov playing in the same shutdown role and is considered a 3c is out producing a player who should not be held accountable unless he plays with 1st/2nd Liners.

How about maybe... We start holding players accountable for their own play? Sure a player can do better with better linemates but then what does that say about that so called player.

People where saying the same about Kessel when he played with Bozak... How Kessel will be so much better without Bozak riding the coat tails..

...Now Kessel played with the best Center in the league and where is he now? 2nd line playing with Malkin (still a 1c) and how far apart are Bozak and Kessels numbers now? With Bozak playing with 3c wingers?
Separated by 3 points. Just an example at how much weight these poor excuses really hold.

Fact of the matter is players should be held accountable for there play.

I am not going to sit here and argue with you all day - if you feel that Bozak is a better player then so be it (I don't have any thing against him)

You don't like Kadri - that's fine with me, I am not here to convince you

I believe Kadri is the best forward on this roster and that's my opinion, do you want me to change my opinion

The overall talent on this team is sub par and you expect Kadri (a 2nd line center) to outscore the top lines of the league (how fair is it?)

The fact is this team is very thin on talent and we do not have legit top 6 wingers except for JVR. Leo is one of my favorite player on this roster, but I am sorry he is not a top 6 winger and might not score at the same level as he did in the 1st half

Last edited:

mikebel111*

I have an issue as well with the Komarov is being carried by Kadri as well. Both are not correct

I say Komarov helps Kadri on D, and Kadri helps Komarov on offense, though both of them have improved on each aspect. Isnt that a fair explaination?

OvenMittz*

I am not going to sit here and argue with you all day - if you feel that Bozak is a better player then so be it (I don't have any thing against him)

You don't like Kadri - that's fine with me, I am not here to convince you

I believe Kadri is the best forward on this roster and that's my opinion, do you want me to change my opinion

The overall talent on this team is sub par and you expect Kadri (a 2nd line center) to outscore the top line of the league (how fair is it?)

Where did you get any of that from my post?

I wasn't trying to say Bozak was better and I also never said I disliked Kadri..

Bozak used an example that a linemates shouldn't be to blame for players production.. Good players figure it out.

As for your last question. No I do not expect him to outscore other teams too lines, but however if he is our best player on this terrible sub par team. I DO however expect him to outscore players on his own team.

I'm arguing on the defense of the players you are degrading and not holding player x accountable what so ever.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Playing #1C minutes is not putting him in that situation ?? I dunno...seems to me that the praise on Kadri and Dion was a little over the top this year. They kept gushing about Dion and look what happened.

Kadri was being praised because he went up against the best of other teams and shut them down...ok...fair enough...but a 3C or 4C could do that for you. It's going up against the best and OUTSCORING them that makes a 1C in my book. Just making it 0-0 is not the point of a 1C is it??:popcorn:

If they were shopping him they would try and boost his numbers. This means offensive starts, offensive line mates and easier matchups.

Are you really saying a 3 or 4 C can shut down the best players in the game :laugh::laugh:

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
The character issues and now this incident will mean the end of days for Naz.

Lou don't put up with immature BS.

Hopefully we can get a nice return for him.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Where did you get any of that from my post?

I wasn't trying to say Bozak was better and I also never said I disliked Kadri..

Bozak used an example that a linemates shouldn't be to blame for players production.. Good players figure it out.

As for your last question. No I do not expect him to outscore other teams too lines, but however if he is our best player on this terrible sub par team. I DO however expect him to outscore players on his own team.

I'm arguing on the defense of the players you are degrading and not holding player x accountable what so ever.

Oh God - name one player and tell me who I am degrading? please name one player

All I said is in order to outscore other team's top line you need legit top line wingers, why you are twisting my statements

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I love this idea that Lou doesn't put up with BS.

Lou acquired Claude Lemieux, Lou watched Niedermayer slash

OvenMittz*

If they were shopping him they would try and boost his numbers. This means offensive starts, offensive line mates and easier matchups.

Are you really saying a 3 or 4 C can shut down the best players in the game :laugh::laugh:

Gauthier did it in WJC :sarcasm:

But seriously, what he is trying to say is you should be shutting toplines down but also try to out score them. Its pretty much going against the excuse of " his production is low because he is shutting down top lines" real top lines try to do both.

Not the easiest to do obviously.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Gauthier did it in WJC :sarcasm:

But seriously, what he is trying to say is you should be shutting toplines down but also try to out score them. Its pretty much going against the excuse of " his production is low because he is shutting down top lines" real top lines try to do both.

Not the easiest to do obviously.

I agree and this is why I think he is a good 2C. He has produced a lot of chances which haven't appeared on the score sheet this year.

mikebel111*

Can we please not have a Kadri discussion for some time. This place is much more peaceful without those?
No offense TLeafsfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad