Nazem Kadri Discussion - MOD WARNING IN THE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ok so I'm tired of having to read and clean up the god-damn personal banter some of you seem to have between each other that breaks site rules and causes fired up ****-storms of flaming and personal insults.

It ends now.

If you cannot discuss Kadri rationally, logically, with maturity and appropriateness you will be infracted and banned from this thread.

Zero tolerance.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Have to think Kadri gets a game for the throat cut. Similar incidents have happened before that warranted suspension.

mikebel111*

Man Kadri has really improved his faceoffs and his off ice issues(considering management has praised a lot).
Really living up to expectations

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Have to think Kadri gets a game for the throat cut. Similar incidents have happened before that warranted suspension.

According to the SN guys, the only similar incidents that resulted in suspensions were by people who had history. He could get a game, but according to Kyper he see's it as being a warning/fine worthy.

I'd be more worried about what Lou is going to do to him if I were Kadri.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
According to the SN guys, the only similar incidents that resulted in suspensions were by people who had history. He could get a game, but according to Kyper he see's it as being a warning/fine worthy.

It was very immature.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He got 4 games for a hit to the head last year which makes him repeat offender which lik ely means he is getting suspended

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Same. Dude's already under scrutiny regarding his character and maturity. Him getting suspended because of something like this doesn't bode well. I get that he was angry but it was still a foolish thing to do. Hopefully it's just a fine.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Meh. This kinda stuff happens all the time. It happens in pretty much every sport that involves physicality. People basically vocalize that regularly. He lost his cool, and made a physical gesture. Not a good look, but Naz is an emotional guy.

He'll be just fine. The guy plays with heart and grit. It just got away from him for a split second. Should extend, ASAP.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I think we can all agree that when you think of the name Kadri, the first thing that pops into all of our minds is pure class. Guy knows how to be a pro. His attitude must really help bring a real pros pro atmosphere to the dressing room.

On to the next one I suppose. It's getting nauseating watching this team and some of its "core players."

mikebel111*

Meh. This kinda stuff happens all the time. It happens in pretty much every sport that involves physicality. People basically vocalize that regularly. He lost his cool, and made a physical gesture. Not a good look, but Naz is an emotional guy.

He'll be just fine. The guy plays with heart and grit. It just got away from him for a split second. Should extend, ASAP.

I agree with all this.
In regards to the bolded, We don't need to worry about it, the extension announcement of his contract is coming soon

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
Good show that gesture, your frustration and go get him.Annnnnddddddd he fell on a check. God dammit. Leafs can't even vengeance right.

mikebel111*

"From what I saw it was a hockey hit," said Leafs head coach Mike Babcock. "He was fired up and that's part of the game, you got to control yourself."

Basically he isn't freaking out over it, so as per usual some people on here making it a big deal it was. Babs saying emotions are part of the game, but sometimes you need to cool down.
A little bit of understanding and criticism directed at Kadri. I love Babcock as he sets things straight and tells it like it is.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ugh... do we want to talk about the throat slash or the ZERO points and the MINUS 5 over the last 3 games, with Dion now gone there will be a leadership vacuum, it was the All Star makers chance to step up and ... ughhhh... he laid a big ole egg, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Well our next game is in Edmonton, he should dominate there.. GO NAZ GO!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm nearing the point where I think we should trade Kadri. He is going to bring our team down with him if keeps getting himself in trouble with the League.

Should management offer him up in trade to acquire Drouin, especially if Ottawa is in on acquiring him? :dunno:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
"From what I saw it was a hockey hit," said Leafs head coach Mike Babcock. "He was fired up and that's part of the game, you got to control yourself."

Basically he isn't freaking out over it, so as per usual some people on here making it a big deal it was. Babs saying emotions are part of the game, but sometimes you need to cool down.
A little bit of understanding and criticism directed at Kadri. I love Babcock as he sets things straight and tells it like it is.

If you haven't noticed yet this mgmt team is very specific with what they say and do. Nothing gets out to the media. You really need to stop quoting everything as gospel. As we've seen that didn't help Phaneuf.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Good chance that Kads was already on edge because of the trade.

I'd rather have fire in the belly then the two tin men we left behind in TO.

My source sent me the footage of Kads hearing on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiAFwV2emZQ

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Similar incidents, if I recall correctly, were in the middle of the ice. Kadri was on the bench. SN went looking for his reaction & OMG he was using swear words.

I think Lamoriello will give him a slap upside the head & tell him not to let the other teams see him lose emotional control. I would tell him to not try to act like a Woodbridge school boy.

My real feelings, who gives a ****. Oops, there's another swear word.

Leafsbeast*

Kadri is a punk and he has always been a punk.

I am embarrassed as a leaf fan. Like we don't already have enough grief in our hockey lives and now we have to put up with this crap again.

This is not the first time. He has no remorse because he will do something stupid again. Not maturing.

He did this during a WJC game a few years ago and I was embarrassed then.

The problem is, he is only about playing for himself. Notice how no other leafs were standing up for him. I doubt this little puke is liked in the room much and I can't wait until he is off the team.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
When he did the cut throat slashing sign against the Swiss U20 team, what came out of that?

I reckon it will not effect the leagues views on what he did in the Calgary game since it is different leagues and organisations. But can his previous suspension from last season play a part even do it was completely unrelated?

Anyway, stupid thing to do and doing stupid things was exactly what Kadri was not supposed to do this season, seeing as they are checking if he can be the model pro the young talent coming up will need to have on the team.

But as Sun Tzu said.

The skillful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man. For the wise man delights in establishing his merit, the brave man likes to show his courage in action, the covetous man is quick at seizing advantages, and the stupid man has no fear of death.

I think Kadris stupidity can come handy in a playoff series when every ones nerves are playing games with them. Then stupid, crazy guys with skill like Kadri can pull off some amazing stuff and change a game to the better. Worth keeping in mind before we throw him away. Every one on the team can not be a controlled, well tempered person. Need some sparks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad