OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
*Ugh* I can’t stand the big money Dodgers. :thumbd:

Hopefully the Nats got a good return. I don’t know anything about these prospects.

Ruiz is one of the best catcher prospects in the game - great hit tool (with some Soto-esque SO and BB rates), good enough defense to stick behind the plate. Big question was if he'd top out as a slap hitter or if he'd develop some power, and this year he's answered that question with 16 HR in 52 games at AAA (this as a 22 year old catcher, meaning he's about 5 years younger than the average batter in that league, and that while playing the position that traditionally takes the longest to develop). He's the Dodgers' top prospect, could be a starter next season.

Gray is the top pitcher in the Dodgers' system. Don't know as much about him, but he's got three good pitches (fastball, slider, curve) so no reliever risk and the Dodgers already called him up to the majors this year as a 23 year old, so that's encouraging. Sounds like a low risk, but not super high ceiling guy. Also potentially a starter next season.

The other two guys are basically just throw-ins from what I can tell. Gerrardo Carrillo is still young, but is super under-sized and probably profiles as a reliever. Donovan Casey's ripping up AA, but he's 25, so it's not all that impressive.

Overall, I'm a little underwhelmed. With Turner having an extra year before free agency I thought they could get Gavin Lux as part of the return. I really like Ruiz though, I could see him being the Nats starting catcher for a long time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well...my every night schedule of Nats games is done for the year....at least. Soto has seen his last pitch to hit this year with Turner gone. No more Scherzdays. Yea, lets get Mac to blow up the Caps like this

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Im down for a 3 way

upload_2021-7-29_22-27-54.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So is this the new PG? 3rd year guy…mostly backup duty so far. Brother of Jrue….

Wiz are making deals…..exciting….

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018

trading a big man with defensive upside for a back up PG?

He was stuck behind Malcolm Brogdon. My more NBA knowledgable friends like him as a starter for the Wizards. Getting a potential starter for moving back 9 spots seems like a win to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad