OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Golf. New favorite.
maria-fassi-2020-shoprite-round-one.jpg

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
NBA trade deadline awards: The Rockets' Big Botch, Boston's bummer, Chicago's shocker and more

Denial Ain’t Just a River in Egypt Award: Washington Wizards

No, they didn’t trade Bradley Beal. Why would they, when they’re just four games out of the play-in? Alas, in Washington, there is no higher goal than this, continuing an unbroken two-decade streak of going all-in on teams that weren’t even good. The Wizards do hope to use their full midlevel exception to further their pursuit of a 37-45 play-in berth next season, and so their only trade sent out a 21-year-old wing to cut some payroll for 2021-22.

Every trade deadline that passes without Washington acknowledging reality only delays the inevitable, while also sinking its eventual return on any possible Beal trade. This is unfortunate because a Beal trade is the Wizards’ only realistic pathway to being sustainably good at any point in the next half-decade. Alas, by the time Washington realizes this, it will be next year’s trade deadline, and Beal will be a rental.

This is the most important attribute in any front office: Honesty in front of the mirror. Everyone wants to see the glass as overflowing with water, but good organizations restrain themselves enough to acknowledge reality and react accordingly. In Washington, they ignore the fact that the glass is only overflowing because they’re tipping it sideways.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So I’ve always used that saying with a completely different connotation. Or maybe I’m really not understanding what was being implied here... ;)

This is my local club, like 5 min from my house. I have relationships here. Not a good idea to be causing friction over an accident with no real damage done.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Got my Mizuno blades regripped today and hit some balls indoors during a thunderstorm. Life is good.

Full disclosure: I don’t usually game the blades they just teach me exactly how I suck when I’m working on stuff.

Also, going to Scottsdale in May. Any recommendations?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It doesn’t feel like 19 years since Leonard Hamilton coached the Wiz. Seems like yesterday.

Sep 19, 2008

He has a point

Triple doubles are impressive but it doesn't matter if you don't win

Did the wizards win last night? :sarcasm:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

He has a point

Triple doubles are impressive but it doesn't matter if you don't win

Did the wizards win last night? :sarcasm:

totally agree....but this is SAS being the good showman he is.

I personally think a 1 of 3 all time type performance is deserving of a little more of a nod....but whatever....Wizards are terrible and his performances are somewhat fluff without the wins. Lots of greats played on terrible teams across time. It’s not Russ’ job to build a good roster.

things heating up....

Sports World Reacts To The Stephen A. Smith Controversy

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
College sports is going about this the wrong way. Schools shouldn't be pocketing all of this money that student athletes are making for them, but paying these kids isn't the answer.

They should be using that money to decrease their tuition prices for ALL of their students, so that it benefits the actual people that their whole system is based upon.

But nope, can't have that. Gotta keep raising the tuition rates every year.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
College sports is going about this the wrong way. Schools shouldn't be pocketing all of this money that student athletes are making for them, but paying these kids isn't the answer.

They should be using that money to decrease their tuition prices for ALL of their students, so that it benefits the actual people that their whole system is based upon.

But nope, can't have that. Gotta keep raising the tuition rates every year.

that’s never going to happen....these are businesses even if some are “non-profits”.

Reactions: tenken00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->