OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I for one am not sad to see russ gone at all. He had his moments but not the solution here

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Scherzer and Turner to the Dodgers for basically 2 high end prospects. If I’m a Dodgers fan I’m doing cartwheels, feels like they fleeced us. Rizzo must have known Turner would be gone after this year.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
He was refusing to resign here

Where'd you hear that? Only thing I heard about it said it was the Lerners who didn't want to sign him, which fits with their trend of not signing star batters for some godforsaken reason.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Gray, Thompson, Ramirez, Cavalli, Rutledge...

5 arms with mid rotation upside.

Very curious to see what Rizzo's rebuild looks like.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn’t Rizzo acquire 4-5 prospects in the top 25 list, including #1 and #4? They’re going to stink, and they’ll be bad next war if Strasburg can’t pitch.

Kudos to Rizzo though. Didn’t try to hang on for the nostalgia. Team was cooked and he got a decent haul for assets they weren’t going to bring back.

Mad Max leaving is the only one I’m sad about. Loved watching that guy pitch and be a National. Worth every penny.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sorry but I don't get all crazy about MLB prospects and where they are listed either on the team prospect list or for that matter MLB's top 100 prospect list. As a Mets fan I just go to Fernando Martinez as the perfect example that these numbers are meaning list. FMART as the Mets fan base use to refer to him was a highly touted prospect for the Mets and who they refused to consider moving when it came to trade talks. The Mets had him as their number 1 prospect in 2009 and 2010 and then dropped him to the number 4 prospect slot in 2011. ESPN Scout Keith Law had him as the #10 MLB prospect in 2008, #16 in 2009 and #73 in 2010. Needless to say that FMART's progress tailed off and his minor league numbers never translated at the MLB level and a combination of injuries and suspensions translated into a total of 99 games in the Majors and has not played a MLB game since he was 24 back in 2013. Bottom line with baseball players unlike other sports is that their development can top out in their teens or early 20s or just begin in their mid 20s. That's why the MLB draft is such a crap shoot. It's eye opening to see how many top players who were drafted in the very late rounds.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Gray, Thompson, Ramirez, Cavalli, Rutledge...

5 arms with mid rotation upside.

Very curious to see what Rizzo's rebuild looks like.

Thompson's a reliever. Rutledge is having a dreadful season and got dropped from A+ back to A, so expectations for him should be tempered. I like the other three though. Cavalli and Ramirez are both having great seasons that should have them climbing the prospect lists.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sorry but I don't get all crazy about MLB prospects and where they are listed either on the team prospect list or for that matter MLB's top 100 prospect list. As a Mets fan I just go to Fernando Martinez as the perfect example that these numbers are meaning list. FMART as the Mets fan base use to refer to him was a highly touted prospect for the Mets and who they refused to consider moving when it came to trade talks. The Mets had him as their number 1 prospect in 2009 and 2010 and then dropped him to the number 4 prospect slot in 2011. ESPN Scout Keith Law had him as the #10 MLB prospect in 2008, #16 in 2009 and #73 in 2010. Needless to say that FMART's progress tailed off and his minor league numbers never translated at the MLB level and a combination of injuries and suspensions translated into a total of 99 games in the Majors and has not played a MLB game since he was 24 back in 2013. Bottom line with baseball players unlike other sports is that their development can top out in their teens or early 20s or just begin in their mid 20s. That's why the MLB draft is such a crap shoot. It's eye opening to see how many top players who were drafted in the very late rounds.

Well sure some highly rated prospects regress or just fail to make it, happens in every sport. But Rizzo had to make the moves, and its better he added highly rated prospects than some no names who we haven't ever heard of, right? You're right though, Day 1 of the rebuild is hardly the time to get excited. Its going to be a good long while before the Nats don't be suck again, and who knows if any of these new prospects will be around when they get good again.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Kinds wish the Caps would blow it all up and rebuild like the other two teams decided today... but maybe after this coming season, the timing will feel right, even with two boat anchor contracts that appear immovable.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Kinds wish the Caps would blow it all up and rebuild like the other two teams decided today... but maybe after this coming season, the timing will feel right, even with two boat anchor contracts that appear immovable.
IDK feels crappy having the Wiz and Nats have minor league rosters. Atleast we know the Caps are a contender

... and maybe Football Team is good

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Be thankful that the Lerners don't own the Capitals. If they did, there would be no Ovechkin or Backstrom with the Capitals at the very least.

The Lerners remind me of the Florida Marlins of the 90s and early 2000s with the likes of Wayne Huizenga and Jeffrey Loria as owners. Got their WS Championships, time to dismantle the team, don't want to pay the $ to the players.

I always felt that it would be a great view shed to have the Capitol Dome appear just over the left field wall. Lerners were not interested in such stadium asethetics. They were more interested in the real estate value and what could be built on such spaces, bottom line it's not about the community or the team, it's about their wallets.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad