OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Spoiler alert but whatever. If he crashed into Annapolis Harbor and died it would be all over the internet anyway.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Eh, Navy stinks this year anyway. This might be the worst offense they've had since Paul Johnson brought the TO back to Annapolis.

Today was rough. QB position is not playing good right now.

On the flip side, look at Army’s schedule. Charmin soft.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Today was rough. QB position is not playing good right now.

On the flip side, look at Army’s schedule. Charmin soft.
Army's schedule is a joke and they're still easily the worst of the service academies but I don't have high hopes for beating them this year. The QB position is a mess.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Terps are getting smoked. I found out at the beginning of the game UMD has 30 or so freshmen on the team and 15 first year transfers. That’s a lot of new players. This year doesn’t look like it will be a winning season.

One positive is #7. WR that, when Tua could get him the ball, made some nice catches. He is a big WR.

Main negative after one half, Baby Tua has not looked good. 2 bad INTs and he is over throwing WRs by a mile. Surprisingly bad.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is the BS the lack of attendance? Is the BS defense against COVID? Is the BS because its not in Annapolis?
The last time the game wasn’t at a neutral site was World War II. Before that it was the 1890s. Covid is forcing their hand and it’ll be at West Point since their stadium is on federal land so it’s not subject to New York’s regulations on max gatherings so I get it but it’s still a huge advantage for Army.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It’s a home game. So obv Navy fans see that’s as BS. It’s not obvious? You know these guys —

As a Navy fan, its far from clear to me. Which is why I asked. I dont know what the attendance allowed will be like but it strikes me that it will be a home game only as far as the location. Might it be just the cadets and midshipmen and families allowed at the game?

They moved the game because PA rules wont all for both the Army cadets and Navy midshipmen to attend the game. It appears no more than those people will be attending at the tiny West Point stadium. Army was the home team for this game. I dont see the issue

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The last time the game wasn’t at a neutral site was World War II. Before that it was the 1890s. Covid is forcing their hand and it’ll be at West Point since their stadium is on federal land so it’s not subject to New York’s regulations on max gatherings so I get it but it’s still a huge advantage for Army.

How is it a huge advantage for Army? There may be more Navy personel there than Army because their group is bigger. I dont see a huge advantage. If Navy can win at South Bend they can win at West Point

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
How is it a huge advantage for Army? There may be more Navy personel there than Army because their group is bigger. I dont see a huge advantage. If Navy can win at South Bend they can win at West Point
You honestly don’t see it as being an advantage to play at home? Regardless of who is in the stands. The familiarity of being at home is an advantage. Home is better than not home.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not having to travel, normal game day routine, familiar surroundings, the coaches and players understand weather and element dynamics... come on tx, not hard. It may not substantially alter the odds but @Ridley Simon said, home is better than not home. Just because you can win on the road doesn't mean home field advantage doesn't exist.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You honestly don’t see it as being an advantage to play at home? Regardless of who is in the stands. The familiarity of being at home is an advantage. Home is better than not home.

I was starting with the idea that it was a huge advantage. Any advantage? Sleeping in your own bed and dressing in your own room. Sure. Its some advantage. For Navy its no more unfamiliar than playing in Philly. Meanwhile its the size of a HS grand stand. It makes Navy Marine Corp stadium look like an NFL stadium.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not having to travel, normal game day routine, familiar surroundings, the coaches and players understand weather and element dynamics... come on tx, not hard. It may not substantially alter the odds but @Ridley Simon said, home is better than not home. Just because you can win on the road doesn't mean home field advantage doesn't exist.

Take Army out of the equation for now. How much difference is there for Navy? They are still traveling. Not that much further. They are playing in front of a lot fewer hostile fans. The weather? This isnt Denver. They play this game in Giants/MetLife Stadium with some regularity. Thats way worse than playing at West Point in front of friends and family.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Take Army out of the equation for now. How much difference is there for Navy? They are still traveling. Not that much further. They are playing in front of a lot fewer hostile fans. The weather? This isnt Denver. They play this game in Giants/MetLife Stadium with some regularity. Thats way worse than playing at West Point in front of friends and family.
Just to speak to your last comment, Michie Stadium holds 38,000 people, so not much smaller than NMCMS. And Navy has only played at MetLife three times since 2000: against Army in 2002 and against ND in 2004 and 2010.

They're still traveling, yes, but Army isn't. And this will mean that Army gets to play 9 of their 12 games at home at Michie including 4 of their last 5 while Navy plays 6 of 11 on the road, so yeah that's an advantage.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just to speak to your last comment, Michie Stadium holds 38,000 people, so not much smaller than NMCMS. And Navy has only played at MetLife three times since 2000: against Army in 2002 and against ND in 2004 and 2010.

They're still traveling, yes, but Army isn't. And this will mean that Army gets to play 9 of their 12 games at home at Michie including 4 of their last 5 while Navy plays 6 of 11 on the road, so yeah that's an advantage.

ok....so, whats your alternative. they could do what they did with the Navy Notre Dame game, I guess

Truthfully, playing Army Navy in that little stadium with just family and friends(student body) in attendance is going to be really weird for both sides. Its not going to feel like a normal homie for Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad