OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I stopped watching at halftime. Brutal. Offense couldn’t do anything and the defense counts on the offense for help by possessing the ball for long stretches. That’s how Navy is successful.

Yeah it was awful all around. Turned it off before halftime myself. Feel bad for Coach Ken; he clearly tried to do what was in the best interest of his players but that ended up being the wrong answer for getting them ready for the season. I expect a much better effort in two weeks against Tulane with what I imagine to be physical and competitive practices up until then.

Very curious what they do at QB. Morris looks the part but you need live contact reps to really get the TO down. Felt bad for him as his OL could do nothing to help last night.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah it was awful all around. Turned it off before halftime myself. Feel bad for Coach Ken; he clearly tried to do what was in the best interest of his players but that ended up being the wrong answer for getting them ready for the season. I expect a much better effort in two weeks against Tulane with what I imagine to be physical and competitive practices up until then.

Very curious what they do at QB. Morris looks the part but you need live contact reps to really get the TO down. Felt bad for him as his OL could do nothing to help last night.

QB is said to be the most important position in football, and it is, but for Navy it’s most important x100. Whether the team wins or loses is dictated by the play at QB and QB play was horrendous last night.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Transfer from a military academy? That’s a big decision since he will be paying some money back now.
He’s only a sophomore so there’s no financial penalty. You don’t owe any money unless you leave (either voluntarily or if you’re kicked out) after you sign your commitment papers at the beginning of your junior (“2nd class”) year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Welp, another hit for Navy. Not a good look for Olsen if you read Bill's article but I respect the kid's decision.

Sucks for the team but better for the Navy in the long run that the kid washed out. They should give the freshman with the Hawaiian sounding name a shot. Hawaiian QBs seem to work out at Navy.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sucks for the team but better for the Navy in the long run that the kid washed out. They should give the freshman with the Hawaiian sounding name a shot. Hawaiian QBs seem to work out at Navy.
Keep an eye out on this kid as well. Believe he's the highest ranked lacrosse recruit to ever commit to Navy and he's going to play both sports but focus on football initially. I believe he's almost the exact same size as Malcolm Perry and an extremely dynamic runner and I'd be ok if we found ourselves a Malcolm 2.0.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Nats in a 4 way tie for 2nd pick for tank watchers. From what I hear this draft is very deep because people entering early because of covid.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Wiz need to stay the course right now. Resign Bertans, draft BPA at #9, and roll with it.

only thing I’d do, is try my best to get Toppin somehow out of the draft. He won’t go top 3 it doesn’t seem, and could slide to like 7. Make a draft day swap from 9 to 4-7 and see what it would cost you.

I think Toppin is the guy that could be “The Guy” our of this draft. Very Blake Griffinish, but hopefully without the injury issues.

he’s the guy the Wiz could really use. Scorer in a big way and allows Rui to be of a glue/defensive/all around guy. Would have Bryant and Wagner in the middle, Toppin at PF, Rui and Bertans at SF/SG, and then of course Beal and Wall.

I know people want a PG out of this draft, but that’s forcing it, and will just irk Wall.

I’m mean sure, if they truly think BPA is a PG, then do it. But I think Toppin is going to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad