OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Lamar has definitely overtaken ovechkin as the number 1 athlete of my heart. Plays a more meaningful position in a less stupid sport. Don't get me started about vladdy p either.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lamar has definitely overtaken ovechkin as the number 1 athlete of my heart. Plays a more meaningful position in a less stupid sport. Don't get me started about vladdy p either.
tenor.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lamars better at football than oveckin is hockey and isn't friends with someone who shot down an airliner
That’s certainly an opinion. Not a good one, or one backed up by any logic or data, but it’s certainly one that seems to exist.

Not sure why I’m asking this given how this conversation has already gone but would love to know what qualifies football as a “less stupid” sport.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
"Let me go to the Washington Capitals section of a board that focuses on hockey and tell them that I think a different athlete and a different sport is better"

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So on a capitals forum, we have a guy who thinks hockey is stupid, Ovechkin plays a meaningless position, arguably the greatest goal scorer ever is less than a guy who has played 32 games, and Russians hockey players are bad people because of Putin.

hmmm I’m not sure I’m going to take any of that seriously.....

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
So on a capitals forum, we have a guy who thinks hockey is stupid, Ovechkin plays a meaningless position, arguably the greatest goal scorer ever is less than a guy who has played 32 games, and Russians hockey players are bad people because of Putin.

hmmm I’m not sure I’m going to take any of that seriously.....
Malkin and Panarin didnt start a "I love Putin" fanclub. All sports are stupid in some way and this is the non hockey part of the board.

Hardly the only american who likes football more than hockey

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
All things considered, that has to be in the top 5 wins in the triple-option era for Navy. Incredible comeback.

It was pretty sweet. I’ve watched probably 80% of the Navy games over the last 12 years and I can’t remember a comeback like that. Not just points but a comeback of confidence. It was fun to watch.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I live in NC and Navy games on tv are hard to come by. My wife was flipping around and I looked up in time to see a Navy game and asked her to go back. She did. I saw that it was 24-0 in the 2nd quarter and said never mind

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Nats just been hurting our pick. It will be around 4-6 let’s hope Rizzo and the scouts make the best of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad