OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Nats let Bryce Harper walk and replace him with a better player. Amazing. Just get his siggy on a new contract

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I didn’t watch the game but statistically Jackson appears to have had a very tough day throwing the ball. Especially when compared to Mahomes.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Mahomes is a better quarterback and he has a better offense around him
Not directing this at you but it's weird that Haskins isn't afforded this same leeway. Make a mention about how terrible his offensive supporting cast is and you're met with comments like, "Well, elite QBs make the players around him better."

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not directing this at you but it's weird that Haskins isn't afforded this same leeway. Make a mention about how terrible his offensive supporting cast is and you're met with comments like, "Well, elite QBs make the players around him better."

It’s simply a lot easier to cut LJ slack with the talent he’s shown. Maybe that’s unfair, but Haskins hasn’t even flashed anything elite’ish.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
On a macro level a lot of garbage teams draft a quarterback early and have nothing to surround him with. Mahomes lamar wilson rodgers brady were drafted by good team and have a chance to thrive. Darnold Haskins Burrow the qb has no time to throw and nobody to throw to so they get killed. They quickly look nervous in the pocket.

On a micro level you can ask yourself "does this qb make accurate throws when given time?" or "do they have legs or a quick release to do something when they dont have time." Even on a garbage team lamars speed or mahomes accuracy would be pretty apparent.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I didn’t watch the game but statistically Jackson appears to have had a very tough day throwing the ball. Especially when compared to Mahomes.

Post game analysis I read said KC's tactic was take away the running game and make Jackson beat them throwing the ball. It worked in the first half and the Crows couldn't play catch up. Also learned an interesting stat that Jackson is 0-6 as a starter when his team is losing at halftime.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Post game analysis I read said KC's tactic was take away the running game and make Jackson beat them throwing the ball. It worked in the first half and the Crows couldn't play catch up. Also learned an interesting stat that Jackson is 0-6 as a starter when his team is losing at halftime.
So hes 21-0 when leading at halftime

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I’ll admit it when I initially read this tweet I laughed at the can’t say no to the brown eye part. Anyway, the Scherzer part is at the end if you don’t want to read about the Astros.

“My plan was to take [Greinke] out, but I wasn’t really convinced of my plan,” Baker said. “Sometimes you look in the guy’s eyes and sometimes you listen to the catcher. Sometimes you do what you got to do. Sometimes, I remember one time I was going to take Scherzer out and I wasn’t sure. In Washington. He has two different colored eyes. One’s brown and one’s blue. Sometimes, you look in their eyes and they’re blinking and you can tell they're rattled and a little bit nervous. And I asked Scherzer which eye I should look at. He told me the blue eye. So I looked at the blue eye. I left him in there and it worked.”

Reactions: usiel

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I have proposed a radical realignment of Major League Baseball into 4 8-team leagues once MLB expands to 32 teams, with the new teams landing in Montreal and Nashville.

Under this alignment, going forward, the American and National Leagues would have their 8 teams in the same cities they had teams in during the 1957 season (the last year MLB was confined to the Northeast and Midwest), with the exception of the Miami Marlins replacing the second NL team in New York City (in particular the borough of Brooklyn), although Baltimore, Kansas City and Milwaukee were not permanently part of MLB (more or less) until the 1950s (the earliest moves were to cities in the Northeast and Midwest that did not have MLB, because jet travel was not widely used yet and trains were considered too slow for coast-to-coast travel in baseball; the first three teams that moved previously shared their market with another MLB team; the Braves moved from Boston [still home of the Red Sox] to Milwaukee, the Browns moved from St. Louis [still home of the Cardinals] to Baltimore as the Orioles, and the Athletics moved from Philadelphia [still home of the Phillies] to Kansas City).

As Washington was an American League city from 1901 to 1971, the Nationals would move to the American League, in the process intensifying the Orioles rivalry, as the teams go from playing 4-6 games a year to 18 (under my schedule format, which is detailed in another post in that thread).

The remaining 16 teams in markets that first gained MLB after 1957 would be divided into two new leagues based on their locations. The Eastern and Central Time Zone teams would form the Continental League, named after the proposed third major league of the mid-20th century. The Mountain and Pacific Time teams would form the Pacific Coast League, usurping the name of the AAA league that had major league dreams in the 1950s that in a sense are finally realized (the AAA league would henceforth be called the Far West League, seeing as only three of the league's teams are now located in states with a Pacific coastline).

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I have proposed a radical realignment of Major League Baseball into 4 8-team leagues once MLB expands to 32 teams, with the new teams landing in Montreal and Nashville.

When you say "proposed", you mean made a post about it on HFBoards?

Also, no need to make 4 leagues, just make two divisions in two leagues, keep the pennant system and call it a day.

Geographic realignment makes sense though.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The four-league proposal is actually a modified version of someone else's proposal on this site.

A complete geographic realignment would anger traditional baseball purists as the American and National Leagues would lose their identities. The proposals made by me and that other guy are compromises. It does put the 8 Mountain/Pacific teams together, but assigns the Eastern and Central cities based on how long they have had their MLB teams.

The American League would retain 6 of its original 8 franchises - Baltimore (formerly in Milwaukee in 1901 and St. Louis from 1902-53), Boston, Chicago Sox, Cleveland, Detroit, and NY Yankees (formerly in Baltimore from 1901-02). All of them have remained in the same city since 1957. The AL would keep one of its expansion franchises, Kansas City - that team, the Royals, replaced the Athletics after the latter moved to Oakland. Another expansion team, the Nationals, would move to the American League, thus restoring the 1957 line-up of cities in the American League.

The National League would retain the five classic teams that have never relocated - Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis. They would also keep the Milwaukee and New York City teams that arrived to replace franchises that moved; the Brewers moved in 1970 after only one season as the Seattle Pilots, but did not join the NL until 1998, making that season the first with NL baseball in Milwaukee since the last Braves season in 1965. The Mets were established in 1962 to replace the Dodgers and Giants who had moved to California. However, a second NL team cannot exist in NYC today, because of territorial rights. Between Atlanta and Miami, one franchise had to stay in the NL, while the other would move to the CL. As Atlanta was a prospective CL city but Miami was not, I chose to keep the Marlins in the NL.

The Continental League would include two relocated classic 16 franchises - Atlanta (formerly located in Boston and Milwaukee) and Minnesota (formerly in Washington) - that are now based in prospective CL cities. Four of the expansion teams currently in the AL - Houston, Tampa Bay, Texas, and Toronto, would also move to the CL (all but Tampa Bay were prospective CL cities). The CL's lineup would be completed by the Montreal and Nashville expansion teams.

The Pacific Coast League would include the three classic 16 franchises - LA Dodgers (formerly in Brooklyn), Oakland (formerly in Philadelphia and Kansas City), and San Francisco (formerly in the NYC borough of Manhattan) - that have relocated to California. It would also have the five expansion teams based in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones - Arizona, Colorado, LA Angels, San Diego, and Seattle.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So....either Tampa or LA will have 2 Pro Sports Champions at the same time. Lightning, Lakers, and??

and the Buccaneers have Tom.

good time to be w Tampa Bay sports fan, regardless of what happens in the series.

(and FTR, I’m pulling for the Rays. Dodgers are easily the best collection of talent — they are freaking stacked — but the Rays have that “it” thing going. Fun series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad