OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't know all the ins and outs but I doubt there's much incentive for a tour pro to WD aside from injury. Unless they have somewhere else to be.

Sep 19, 2008
UVA is out of the ACC Tourney following a COVID test within the program.

Not happy about this even as a VT fan. Want UVA to at least try to defend their title, not opt out because of injuries and COVID.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It worked... Terps were winning at the time and it was pretty much a blow out after Juwan got kicked out and fired up his team.

it’s basketball...nothing matters until late ;)

I’m of the opinion college coaches shouldn’t need to be refrained from violence. I wish they let him go. Probably all bluster.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MD guy Denny McCarthy throws up two 69s and is T5 at the Players

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m enjoying the Westwood resurgence.....would be cool to see him win one major still....

omg.....Sergio just missed the shortest putt I’ve seen a pro miss in a while....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m enjoying the Westwood resurgence.....would be cool to see him win one major still....

omg.....Sergio just missed the shortest putt I’ve seen a pro miss in a while....

Just saw a clip of him missing 4 short putts. Looks like yips. Probably crossing his signals. He missed all 4 to the left, so probably closing the putter face too much obviously, but didn't see his backstroke.

He's using a mallet which is likely face-balanced, and not really good for screen-door style putting strokes that open and close. If you putt like that with a face-balanced putter rather than one with some toe-flow, you'll pull a lot of putts because the putter wants to go back square and you slam it shut since the feel of the toe weight and FA closing is missing.

He should switch to a more traditional "blade" putter with at least 1/4 toe hang, or get his hands out of the stroke entirely.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just saw a clip of him missing 4 short putts. Looks like yips. Probably crossing his signals. He missed all 4 to the left, so probably closing the putter face too much obviously, but didn't see his backstroke.

He's using a mallet which is likely face-balanced, and not really good for screen-door style putting strokes that open and close. If you putt like that with a face-balanced putter rather than one with some toe-flow, you'll pull a lot of putts because the putter wants to go back square and you slam it shut since the feel of the toe weight and FA closing is missing.

He should switch to a more traditional "blade" putter with at least 1/4 toe hang, or get his hands out of the stroke entirely.

Players 2021: Sergio Garcia just missed one of the shortest putts in history — Golf Digest

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well the six or seven game run was fun but...

200.gif

What a mess the Wiz are.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008

There are some pretty talented players this year in the draft

Avoiding the tank seems odd to me

just do it

THAT BEING SAID other teams have tanked before and failed. Remember when the Knicks tried to tank for Zion and failed?

Sep 19, 2008
O's games will have fans so Baltimore is open
At this point Bowser should just open up Nats and Caps to like 15% or 10% capacity

just some people

to my knowledge DC isn't getting hit harder than Baltimore, Philly and NYC so really hoping that the attendance is allowed soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad