OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Crazy how different parts of the country live in different worlds. The Gov of Texas announced today that Texas is open up 100% with no capacity restrictions and no mask mandates but in DC they can't have any fans at all. Alabama is planning on having full capacity, so 107k+ people in attendance, at home during their football games this fall but I imagine other teams won't have more than 25% capacity. Wild.

Its not that crazy when you consider that the Texas state government including the governor are basically anti government activists. They dont want the government doing anything but guarding the border. Put a gun to their head and they may do more but given a choice nothing is their preference. DC is very much the opposite and they work in league with both MD and VA to so they are doing the same things in general.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And then he apparently withdrew after the round after carding a +9 for the day

noooooo way.....he was fuming. The PGA Tour needs to smack those type of withdrawals IMO.

I mean I quit a tournament in PGA 2K21 once after a first round blowout lol....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He cited a back injury as the reason for withdrawing.

I had to WD from a tournament once for the same reason. Went into it not knowing if it would hold up. Should have called it at 9 holes but soldiered on though I just couldn't heft the bag anymore or even make a useful turn. Closest hole to the parking lot after 9 was 14 green so packed it in and limped home.

Sucked. Embarrassing. But really nobody cares. Except you.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I had to WD from a tournament once for the same reason. Went into it not knowing if it would hold up. Should have called it at 9 holes but soldiered on though I just couldn't heft the bag anymore or even make a useful turn. Closest hole to the parking lot after 9 was 14 green so packed it in and limped home.

Sucked. Embarrassing. But really nobody cares. Except you.

so you legit think he was so hurt he couldn’t continue or so hurt it wasn’t worth it after that hole?

He knew he had no chance to win after that....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
so you legit think he was so hurt he couldn’t continue or so hurt it wasn’t worth it after that hole?

He knew he had no chance to win after that....

Dunno. But I know how it looks when that happens. My own score was blowing up because I couldn't hit the ball but I kept trying. Cold-topped a few drives before it was over.

One of those things where you have to experience it. Everyone is going to say you quit because of score but sometimes it's just the result of pushing when you shouldn't even have started. I was aware of how my situation was affecting the others in my group who were still competitive. It's distracting.

In my case I had a "compressed disc" that hadn't healed. Probably close to a rupture (my brother had a rupture at about the same age during a Jitsu match).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Dunno. But I know how it looks when that happens. My own score was blowing up because I couldn't hit the ball but I kept trying. Cold-topped a few drives before it was over.

One of those things where you have to experience it. Everyone is going to say you quit because of score but sometimes it's just the result of pushing when you shouldn't even have started. I was aware of how my situation was affecting the others in my group who were still competitive. It's distracting.

In my case I had a "compressed disc" that hadn't healed. Probably close to a rupture (my brother had a rupture at about the same age during a Jitsu match).

it’s gotta suck....if you are hurt, you’re beat up over the injury and resulting lower performance...and you get the “you packed it in” accusations or insinuations....

I’ve had to retire from only one round with my buddies due to an elbow issue....I rode around and drank and watched, but I did feel like a quitter lol. I couldn’t hit my driver so I would drop some holes and play some iron approaches with them along the way and putt...

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad