OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
And this is why you don't let GMs who are thinking only in the short-term about how to save their jobs keep running operations. Report: Wizards chose not to pursue DeMarcus Cousins.
As John Wall told the media after Cousins’ victory over the Wizards — a game where he flashed his dominance, scoring 17 points on 8-of-12 shooting in 24 minutes — the All-Star big man “considered” reuniting with Wall in Washington, but the team couldn’t stomach waiting for his rehabilitation process to be complete.

Wall believes Cousins “wanted to be here” — but the Wizards, ultimately, passed. And in doing so, the Wizards took the safe route. They waited for Howard, who was waived by the Brooklyn Nets shortly after being traded by the Charlotte Hornets, to become available just because he could suit up on opening day. The Wizards wanted a center who could contribute on-the-spot, even if that meant the move lacked upside.

Signing a potential game-changing talent like Cousins at a heavily discounted price is exactly the type of move that a cap-constrained team like the Wizards should be doing. Man Ernie sucks.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I’m not sure I understand why anyone believes Cousins was going to sign at a heavily discounted rate in Washington. Slightly discounted in rate because of the injury but with as much term as possible in DC? Sure but the Wiz couldn’t have afforded that without moving a big earner first I’m pretty sure.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Boogie will be back on the market in the offseason if the wiz want him.

Also Bryce was suppose to sign with the Phillies on Tuesday and still remains a free agent. Come home Bryce lol

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's under contract for 1.5 more seasons and they're going to miss the playoffs anyway so it's not likely to get too much uglier. Davis has made his choice and he's got to know that the org will now move with their best interests in mind and not his, i.e. they will get the best deal they can when the time is right. Besides, what choice does he have?

Unless someone blows them away with an offer before the TDL they absolutely should wait until July 1. Almost every team in the league will see if they can meet the price for Davis. And, by July 1 they'll know who owns what picks so they'll have a better sense of the overall package they're receiving.

Davis Sr. doesn't want son in Boston, cites IT exit

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Wizards are trash. There's a good chance they'll be 10 games under .500 and 11th in the East come the deadline on Thursday.

Ernie's itchin' to do something dumb.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Wizards are trash. There's a good chance they'll be 10 games under .500 and 11th in the East come the deadline on Thursday.

Ernie's itchin' to do something dumb.

With this devastating Wall news something dumb by Ernie is mandated isn't it?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Well that didn't work.

Wall is 28 and will be pushing 30 by the time he recovers fully from this significant injury. Looks like he will turn into another wasted 1st overall pick.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wall will never be the same. Wizards are so f***ed. Another DC team that doesn’t deserve a minute of our time next season.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I mean it's just terrible. They were a Wall broken wrist away from the ECF in 2015 and it looked like they were poised to become contenders for years to come and now they're totally f***ed.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If Ernie decided to be like George Costanza and do the opposite of his impulse the Wiz would literally be the Warriors because he could have drafted Curry, Thompson, and Draymond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad