OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lol. DC area football is cursed. Another person coming to help ..... nope, just kidding.

No brainer for him, in my opinion. The last two QBs at Oklahoma won the Heisman, Lincoln Riley is one of the best offensive minds in all of football, and he'll get a chance to compete for another national championship, plus it should boost his draft stock.

At UMD he would have competed to go 7-6 in the Big Ten with the hope of playing in the TaxSlayer Bowl or the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
No brainer for him, in my opinion. The last two QBs at Oklahoma won the Heisman, Lincoln Riley is one of the best offensive minds in all of football, and he'll get a chance to compete for another national championship, plus it should boost his draft stock.

At UMD he would have competed to go 7-6 in the Big Ten with the hope of playing in the TaxSlayer Bowl or the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.

I miss the BlueBonnet bowl. Is the Gator Bowl still a thing? Tangerine?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
My favorite was always the Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl but the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl was great also...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Eh, BFD. Seems like he was self-medicated and sedated with sleeping pills for the long flight which is entirely understandable. Then he went through the wrong door while twisted and jet lagged, and some mall cop decided to cuff him for being "drunk in public" and speaking "broken English", WHICH MEANS WHAT EXACTLY WHEN TALKING ABOUT A LEGIT ENGLISHMAN?

Dumb.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He’s going to LA....eventually....

Maybe, but likely w/ a stop in Boston.

I have been thinking about this. Only real way to get him is with Beal. Beal & what?

Beal + unprotected 2019 1st just starts the conversation, in my opinion. The offer to trade him pre-TDL would have to be significant. Boston has a war chest of assets and will likely be able to outbid any suitor once July 1 passes. It's Boston versus the field at this point.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Boston can’t acquire him until July 1. You’re saying they force him to stay until summer? Could get ugly, especially if he says up front he won’t re-sign.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe, but likely w/ a stop in Boston.

Beal + unprotected 2019 1st just starts the conversation, in my opinion. The offer to trade him pre-TDL would have to be significant. Boston has a war chest of assets and will likely be able to outbid any suitor once July 1 passes. It's Boston versus the field at this point.

I think it would need to be something like Beal, 2019 1st, Bryant, and Brown Jr...IMO.

The all-star (Beal), 2 firsts (2019 & Brown), and the up and coming big in Bryant

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Boston can’t acquire him until July 1. You’re saying they force him to stay until summer? Could get ugly, especially if he says up front he won’t re-sign.

He's under contract for 1.5 more seasons and they're going to miss the playoffs anyway so it's not likely to get too much uglier. Davis has made his choice and he's got to know that the org will now move with their best interests in mind and not his, i.e. they will get the best deal they can when the time is right. Besides, what choice does he have?

Unless someone blows them away with an offer before the TDL they absolutely should wait until July 1. Almost every team in the league will see if they can meet the price for Davis. And, by July 1 they'll know who owns what picks so they'll have a better sense of the overall package they're receiving.

Sep 19, 2008
Good ol' Junkies starting rumors and discussin' the possibility that the Phillies have signed Bryce Harper today.

Usually don't like listenin to 1067 (in fact I didn't even listen today, this news was just reported on other forums) but the Harper saga may finally be coming to a close today.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Good ol' Junkies starting rumors and discussin' the possibility that the Phillies have signed Bryce Harper today.

Usually don't like listenin to 1067 (in fact I didn't even listen today, this news was just reported on other forums) but the Harper saga may finally be coming to a close today.

Stuff like this is all twitter has produced after a quick search for Harper related tweets.

Sep 19, 2008

Stuff like this is all twitter has produced after a quick search for Harper related tweets.

It was just crap from Incarcerated bob and Vegas saying that he was a Phillie and that Vegas was taking down bets on where he'd go. It coincidentally was released a few hours before the MLB The Show announcement tweet, which was widely assumed to be an announcement re: where he'd be going.

The announcement turned out to be a trailer for MLB The Show, so basically nothing happened and it was all hype for nothing :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wizards with a brutal loss to the 10-41 Cleveland Cavaliers last night. The Wizards account for two of the Cavs wins and are the only team to have lost twice to them.

Fire Ernie now so he doesn't do something dumb to try and get the 8th seed to save his job.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wizards with a brutal loss to the 10-41 Cleveland Cavaliers last night. The Wizards account for two of the Cavs wins and are the only team to have lost twice to them.

Fire Ernie now so he doesn't do something dumb to try and get the 8th seed to save his job.

Wiz gonna Wiz. They suck. Gotta clean house. Dump GMEG, and probably Brooks, too.

Get a young fresh mind in there, and let them re-shape the program in whatever means they see fit (my concern is that Teddy will look at the Capitals and say "well, an in-house candidate was the best call there, so...lets do THAT again!!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad