Nathan MacKinnon 2019/20

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Ok here's my road: it was a troll thread, you were trolling and you knew it.

Not being sensitive, you brought it up in this thread unprovoked. I disagree with your approach and that's all. No hard feelings.
Let's be honest, Canucks fans were trolling if I was. There is about 7-8 Avs fans that were also, if we consider that trolling. No hard feelings on my part either, but don't try to call me out like that and think I won't get around to responding.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
MacK already looking to take a discount his next contract to help the team win. We don’t deserve him.
upload_2019-12-5_13-40-38.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So I can't wait for when we re-sign Mack for a $48M contract over 8 yrs (6M/yr). We have it on record he said he will take less....

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's one thing to be a selfless, team-first player on the ice. Calvert passing the puck to Donskoi instead of shooting for the empty net himself last night is a great example. But extending that selflessness to your own paycheck is something very different and much more rare. NOBODY would blame MacKinnon for pushing for a big fat deal on his next contract after he spent 7 years vastly underpaid. I mean, yeah, he'll have tens of millions of dollars at the end of his career regardless, but there's no shame in wanting to be paid fairly based on your comparables.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
It's one thing to be a selfless, team-first player on the ice. Calvert passing the puck to Donskoi instead of shooting for the empty net himself last night is a great example. But extending that selflessness to your own paycheck is something very different and much more rare. NOBODY would blame MacKinnon for pushing for a big fat deal on his next contract after he spent 7 years vastly underpaid. I mean, yeah, he'll have tens of millions of dollars at the end of his career regardless, but there's no shame in wanting to be paid fairly based on your comparables.

I hope Avs will be more like Bruins with players taking discounts but knowing that they will be a competitive team for many years, unlike Toronto. Girard already signed a pretty decent deal.

Mack is an exception but I hope Mack thinks about winning and icing a competitive team for years to come.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I gotta say, as a Rangers fan, I’m pretty jealous of how quickly your organization was able to turn things around. The Duchene trade was awesome. The Makar and Byram picks were awesome. I’m mad we weren’t able to trade for your pick to draft Newhook. Kid’s looking really good. The Barrie trade looks amazing. Donskoi looks amazing. I loved the Girard signing. I didn’t think the Burakovsky trade would pay off, but of course it does lmao

And to top it all off, MacKinnon says he’ll take a discount for his next contract, something you rarely see players doing these days. I mean, wow. Just amazing.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I gotta say, as a Rangers fan, I’m pretty jealous of how quickly your organization was able to turn things around. The Duchene trade was awesome. The Makar and Byram picks were awesome. I’m mad we weren’t able to draft Newhook. Kid’s looking really good. The Barrie trade looks amazing. Donskoi looks amazing. I loved the Girard signing. I didn’t think the Burakovsky trade would pay off, but of course it does lmao

And to top it all off, MacKinnon says he’ll take a discount for his next contract, something you rarely see players doing these days. I mean, wow. Just amazing.

You guys are well on your way. Panarin and Mika are great pieces to build around while Kakko and Fox develop. Then you have Kravtsov and Miller coming through the pipeline...I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys top the Metro after the Caps and Pens start to fall off.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You guys are well on your way. Panarin and Mika are great pieces to build around while Kakko and Fox develop. Then you have Kravtsov and Miller coming through the pipeline...I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys top the Metro after the Caps and Pens start to fall off.
I appreciate it. Our rebuild is doing pretty well, especially with Fox way surpassing expectations. Either way, a lot of our success depends on Kravtsov, who is struggling this year, and Miller, who still has 1/2D potential but looks like he needs more time to develop. I thought our rebuild was the best in the league, but nope. You guys knocked it out of the park. Well done.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
when he said less, i dont think he meant less than his current contract. he meant less than what he's worth. i think his next contract is at least 12m/yr

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
By the time he's up in 22-23 and signs 8 x 12 ish, it's going to be a steal. That takes him to 36 yrs, where his value 'goes down' because of age, in the sense that he'll probably just do the Sakic thing and re-up every year for a reasonable price until he retires.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad