Waived: Nathan Gerbe (regular NOT compliance buyout, Canes 2-way deal)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Darcy Regier treats players like crap. Its just never been a player friendly organization. Stuff like this doesnt help. And its all Darcy Regier. Very poor at communicating with players. Show some respect.

Darcy Regier handles business in a way that makes other GM's and players talk badly about the organization. Many of my fellow Sabre fans believe we are a 1st class NHL organization, but we are near the bottom. There is a lot of work to do, and Pegula will recognize it the hard way.

Utter garbage that has no basis in fact.

Not a player friendly organization? Have you even been paying attention to what they've done since Pegula took over? Plus some things that were started under the previous ownership (like taking the fathers on their Florida road trip)

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Utter garbage that has no basis in fact.

Not a player friendly organization? Have you even been paying attention to what they've done since Pegula took over? Plus some things that were started under the previous ownership (like taking the fathers on their Florida road trip)

I was talking hockey related business. Players like communication, in Buffalo there was none. A lot of that was Lindy's fault as well.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So he provided him with e-mail notice. Not ideal, but it's not like he heard it first from the media. Apparently, Chiarelli didn't let Peverley know he'd been traded, either. What a big meanhead! Hodgson learned he was traded to Buffalo from the media. This **** happens, but apparently only the Buffalo media makes a big deal of it.

Keep in mind that it is required to notify the player they are being bought out, and the proper means of doing so, per the CBA, is by email. It seems the agent's main objection is that Regier didn't talk to them about it otherwise to which my response is: so what

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was talking hockey related business. Players like communication, in Buffalo there was none. A lot of that was Lindy's fault as well.

Now you're changing the definition? :laugh: If players don't know their role on the team thats ALL on Lindy.

You're grasping at straws now. There is zero basis for what you're asserting.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Now you're changing the definition? :laugh: If players don't know their role on the team thats ALL on Lindy.

You're grasping at straws now. There is zero basis for what you're asserting.

Zero basis for the lack of communication between management and players? This goes back to the late 90's. Happened with multiple owners.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 6h
Just spoke with Rich Peverley. He has not heard yet from Bruins if he's part of Blockbuster trade involving Seguin/Eriksson.

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 5h
Just spoke again with Rich Peverley. He's heard nothing from the Bruins, which means he's most likely not apart of blockbuster deal!

@Caper29b no players weren't told they were traded till a minute ago. Gotta feel bad for the player that they learn from us and not GM

Just spoke to Peverley again, he's still not heard from the Bruins that he's been traded. He's only heard reports from networks but not BOS

@MikeGentileTSN yes i know but he's not been told he's been traded. Boston hasn't even called him. Just stating what he told me.

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey

Those classless Bruins! Good luck signing anyone now, guys!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Zero basis for the lack of communication between management and players? This goes back to the late 90's. Happened with multiple owners.

What communication are you refering to? Since you keep making up a new definition of what your complaining about with each post. Give me some actual examples

Btw you do realize an email is a form of communication. That you don't like it is irrelevant.

The organization is without question a players organization right now. To try and argue otherwise because they emailed Gerbe's agent instead of calling him is beyond absurd.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not to sound hypocritical, but I would say a trade is different since they can happen fast.

What?

Aside from being hypocritical your not quite following the story.

Peverly has heard reports in the press that he's been traded but still hasn't heard anything from the Bruins several hours later. How fast a trade comes together has nothing to do with whats being talked about. The trade already happened.

If Regier did this you would probably throw an epic fit about how evil he is. Since you think he is evil for actually notifying Gerbe's agent before waiving Gerbe that he was being waived so he can be bought out.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Could Regier have handled it better? Sure. He could have called and spoken directly to Gerbe or something.

But I don't think this kind of thing (making a roster move and just sending a notice to the agent) is all that uncommon in the league.

punkr0x

Jul 2, 2009
What communication are you refering to? Since you keep making up a new definition of what your complaining about with each post. Give me some actual examples

Btw you do realize an email is a form of communication. That you don't like it is irrelevant.

The organization is without question a players organization right now. To try and argue otherwise because they emailed Gerbe's agent instead of calling him is beyond absurd.
Well there's the fact that Darcy indicated earlier in the week that the Sabres would not buy anyone out.

Buffman74

Sep 17, 2008
Well there's the fact that Darcy indicated earlier in the week that the Sabres would not buy anyone out.

Darcy stated he wouldn't use a compliance buyout this offseason...mighty mouse's buyout was of the traditional sort.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I wonder if she still feels the same way? :biglaugh:

696EF4FE-4FA2-44BD-BB11-8AE9D54F6E38-1199-000001CEB42FD9A7.jpg

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I know people feel obligated to defend Darcy because he is our GM, but at what point does the light go on and you say he really is a terrible GM?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I know people feel obligated to defend Darcy because he is our GM, but at what point does the light go on and you say he really is a terrible GM?

Gerbe needs to be 2nd line or an offensive oriented 3rd line.

Buffalo at LW has Vanek, Leino, and Ennis all ahead of Gerbe.

This move makes sense.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Except this board is filled with people who reasonably criticize Darcy. You're making ridiculous criticisms of Darcy which any reasonable person would disagree with, then when people disagree you fallaciously conclude they're fools blindly supporting Darcy in everything he does.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Except this board is filled with people who reasonably criticize Darcy. You're making ridiculous criticisms of Darcy which any reasonable person would disagree with, then when people disagree you fallaciously conclude they're fools blindly supporting Darcy in everything he does.

I agree completely. The rub is, some don't or can't tell it is in fact "reasonable criticism". Anything short of shooting a bazooka in Darcy's face isn't critical enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad