Waived: Nathan Gerbe (regular NOT compliance buyout, Canes 2-way deal)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Are you trying to tell me Regier didnt have control over who was on his roster? To say Golisano and QUinn forced Regier to spend $4.5 million on Connolly so the Sabres would make him playoff revenue makes very little sense to me.
No I'm saying there was no one else but Connolly to fill that position. Also never said that Golisano was cheap but there was no way in hell the team was dumping bargain contracts (at the time) just to shake up a core that didn't need shaking up yet.

Karate Johnson*

Or, perhaps, there was a bleh team that went on a run and snuck into the playoffs where they put together a good series (until they blew it) which the led management to think they had a better team than they actually did, and then the team fell apart after that because they weren't actually that good, despite the additions that were made to the team that offseason. Then, when it turned out the team wasn't that good, they started rebuilding

If I knew the Sabres team that snuck into the playoffs was fools gold shouldn't Darcy?

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
lol Canes fans already slotting him on their roster....First poster put him on the third line...The next "lines projection" had him on their second line....

Any guesses as to how long before someone puts him on their top line ? :laugh: :biglaugh:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
lol Canes fans already slotting him on their roster....First poster put him on the third line...The next "lines projection" had him on their second line....
Any guesses as to how long before someone puts him on atheir top line ? :laugh: :biglaugh:

Yep I agree. Current Gerbe is not an NHL'er.

He has overcome adversity on his way to the NHL. Don't count Gerbe out on making it back to the NHL over the next 2 seasons.

$1.85M Gerbe playing 4th line or AHL would have been miserable next season. AHL/NHL minimum salary Gerbe has been knocked down a peg and will be more content with whatever opportunity he gets to play on his quest to get back to being an NHL regular.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Coaches and fans will probably gush over his effort for a little while before scratching him, though. I bet he starts on the Canes and hangs out for at least a quarter season or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad