Player Discussion Nate Thompson

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He's playing alright, it's not his fault but he's not going to come back next season.

He's not really playing alright. He's been on the ice for way too many goals against for a 4th line player. His current stats over a full season of 82 games would be 0G 13A 13P -32. That's honestly awful for a 4th liner.

Yeah yeah yeah i know stats watcher, stats are not important bla bla bla. Nah i watch the games he's not really good. And beside if you play well you'll have good stats (unless you're a kid learning the game). If there's one thing i learned from my amateur career this is that. Very rarely i had awful stats and i was playing well. If i was playing well my stats did look good.

Last edited:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
He's not really playing alright. He's been on the ice for way too many goals against for a 4th line player. His current stats over a full season of 82 games would be 0G 13A 13P -32. That's honestly awful for a 4th liner.

Yeah yeah yeah i know stats watcher, stats are not important bla bla bla. Nah i watch the games he's not really good. And beside if you play well you'll have good stats (unless you're a kid learning the game). If there's one thing i learned from my amateur career this is that. Very rarely i had awful stats and i was playing well. If i was playing well my stats did look good.

57% on FO.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Still on the ice for too many goals against. The end of a shift is way more important than the beginning. Like A LOT more important.

He has all the defensive mission, he played with D-Lo, Weise that not help bringing offense. He was bring here to win faceoff and kill penalties and that’s exactly what he does.

His he perfect ? No
Do we bring him back next year ? No
Is he better then Chaput ? Yes

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He has all the defensive mission, he played with D-Lo, Weise that not help bringing offense. He was bring here to win faceoff and kill penalties and that’s exactly what he does.

His he perfect ? No
Do we bring him back next year ? No
Is he better then Chaput ? Yes

He looked better tonight with more speed on his line.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He looked better tonight with more speed on his line.

There are times when I don't recognize him. Usually he looks like an average skater, but there's the odd time he enters the zone with speed, and I'm wondering who this guy is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Thats what it should be I agree

eventually have weal replace thompson alltogether

I'm not sure how defensively responsible Weal is. In fact, he may be the least responsible of the lot, including Thompson, Chaput, and Peca.

He looks to me so far like a spark plug winger that can chip in a goal here and there. Almost like a poor man's Shaw.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Turning into a real good pickup. Stripped Sam Bennett of the puck to set up our 4th goal, and winning goal against the Sabres. Last night he did same leading to our only goal. Bryon goal

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
When he just joined the team, I found that he's quite bad, but he's much better in the last few games. Being said that, he really sucks at scoring. I have a feeling that he couldn't even convert any golden opportunity given to him, either a breakaway or an empty net. In terms of scoring, he's like Lehkonen-lite.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
When he just joined the team, I found that he's quite bad, but he's much better in the last few games. Being said that, he really sucks at scoring. I have a feeling that he couldn't even convert any golden opportunity given to him, either a breakaway or an empty net. In terms of scoring, he's like Lehkonen-lite.
I thought he once scored back then.. but his best season, for goals... is 10 goals. Even in juniors, he'd score in the 30s.
But he's strong on the puck and can make plays. Great on the Pk and face-offs. But no, he won't score much...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad