Proposal: Nate McKinnon for Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Once in a generation? That is a great joke. There’s been better seasons by younger players and then there is Connor Mcdavid!

Matthew's is more like the Yzerman to McDavid. Not an insult

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I think MacKinnon is a better all around player... today. I see Matthews with a higher ceiling.

That MacKinnon contract is great but that's only a guaranteed 5 more years. Matthews would likely be your property for 9 years.

Tough call.

If TML take MacKinnon they could potentially go after Karlsson in FA.

Exactly, Leafs free up cap room to add a stud D. Won't be winning a cup without one.
I know y'all love Matthews, but the deal makes sense for both teams

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Gross.

With the way Toronto fans talk about him you'd think Matthews was some kind of hockey messiah. Once in a generation? Funny.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Leafs do this if for no other reason than contract. Avs decline if for no other reason than same.

Mar 26, 2010
Both teams say NO.

No way Toronto is trading Matthews.

Mar 26, 2010
They are if they can get a better player on a better contract.
Matthews has not even signed his new 8 year contract yet though. We do not know how much the AAV will be. The contract may actually be good with all the endorsements Auston is getting in Toronto.

Players like McKinnon, Matthews and that caliber almost never get traded. Especially at 20 yo.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Matthews has the ability to be a 110-120 point player in a single season.

He should demonstrate the ability to be a 70 point player in a single season first lol.

MacKinnon >>> Matthews all day every day until Matthews actually does something to prove it other wise

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
I don't care how long it took the rose to bloom. In fact, MacKinnon's slow start has resulted in one of the best contracts in the league. I'd go with the kid from Halifax until Matthews proves better... if he ever does.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Is Auston Matthews a 60 point player or has Mike Babcock been artificially limiting his offensive opportunities?
The guy can score 30+ stapled to Zack Hyman. If he had a winger that could finish, easily a 40-40 player, maybe better. MacKinnon was good, but only really showed elite talent this year in terms of production. Give Matthews 4 years in the league before he's officially a '60 point player'

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Both teams say no but MacKinnon>Matthews

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Leafs do this if for no other reason than contract. Avs decline if for no other reason than same.

True buddy, but if Matthew's wants to play closer to home and is willing to sign a reasonable contract to make that happen , well...

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
He should demonstrate the ability to be a 70 point player in a single season first lol.

MacKinnon >>> Matthews all day every day until Matthews actually does something to prove it other wise

Matthew's is a more complete player.
Mackinnon faceoff % at 42%...that's ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad