Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
i dont understand how knowledgeable habs fan can watch these playoffs and think it would be a good idea to trade Xhekaj!! Its a bloodbath out there!! freaking Zadarov was one of the Canucks most important player!! Xhekaj is gonna be a huge part of the team success come playoff time!!

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
i dont understand how knowledgeable habs fan can watch these playoffs and think it would be a good idea to trade Xhekaj!! Its a bloodbath out there!! freaking Zadarov was one of the Canucks most important player!! Xhekaj is gonna be a huge part of the team success come playoff time!!
Because he's not actually good at hockey and hurts the team's chances at winning games, despite his physical presence; is often injured; and is overvalued, or was at the start of the year, because of a unique set of attributes and abilities that do not, however, compensate for his deficiencies as a player.

If he could play solid defense and was not riding on luck and "the eye test" due to his style of game, he would be a wonderful addition to the team in a depth role.

Reactions: ryan callahan

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
While the game has changed the intimidation factor is as high as it's ever been. Guys like Reaves and Rempe are in and out of the line up and play 6 minutes a game whereas a guy like Xhekaj can be trusted to play 15-17 minutes per game, that's huge.
That and Reeves was a detriment to his team in every game he played, getting hemmed in, putting himself out of position, making turnovers. It was one of the great farces of the playoffs thus far that he continued to play.

There is no space on a team for a player who detracts from you chances of winning, and actively hurts you with his errors.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well **** lmao at least I know how to recognize skillful players that know how to play hockey. Fitting that you like an overweight player with stone hands that cannot skate :laugh:.
Who is an overweight player with stone hands that cannot skate? Xhekaj?

Yeah and Harris and Kov skate circles around your glorified fridge on ice.
Troll for sure. You obviously don't watch him play regularly.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well **** lmao at least I know how to recognize skillful players that know how to play hockey. Fitting that you like an overweight player with stone hands that cannot skate :laugh:.
Overweight?? lol
Stone hands lol
Can\t skate.....lol

Pure Comedy....
Thanks for that man................we all need a good laugh now and then......

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think a 2 year bridge at 2.5, followed by a 6-8 year contract is the outcome that makes the most sense.

But if he can be signed 8 years for under 4 million I'd do it now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The fact you think Xhekaj has good hands is seriously concerning. Go talk to your therapist.
I liked when he picked the corner vs the Sens, and i=the puck went right through the net!! LOL

Sorry son, you are on the island here.
The Sherriff is staying, and I am truly sorry that he stole your girl.
I loved when you called him Fat!! LOL.

Man, HF never disappoints.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think a 2 year bridge at 2.5, followed by a 6-8 year contract is the outcome that makes the most sense.

But if he can be signed 8 years for under 4 million I'd do it now.
I like Arber and when in the correct position in the lineup, he should be a solid player for us. However, I've never heard of a 3rd pairing guy getting an 8 year deal right off the hop and I'm not sure that's the right way to go for the club. I don't think we should pigeonhole ourselves with this type of transaction.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At least I don't put a 0,23 ppg player on a pedestal and giving him qualities he clearly doesn't have.

If you are evaluating Xhakaj with his points production, you don't know what kind of asset he is. Let me guess, you like the skilled players only? Sounds like something the Leafs fans like.

Xhekaj is a rare young piece who is a monster on the back end. Not saying he produces like Chara in his prime but go look at Chara's points from 97-2002 (age 19-23).

There is a reason why many GM's are calling the Habs about Xhekaj.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad