Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Career Playoffs

MacKinnon: 13GP 5G+11A=16pts 1.23PPG
Matthews: 13GP 5G+2A=7pts 0.53PPG

Toronto is the toughest market in hockey so you have to add a triple multiplier to everything Matthews does.

That's why Kessel is so good in Pittsburgh. He was forged in the fires of The Big Smoke. One day Matthews too can leave Toronto and see what a second round feels like.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: dukeofjive

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Toronto is the toughest market in hockey so you have to add a triple multiplier to everything Matthews does.

That's why Kessel is so good in Pittsburgh. He was forged in the fires of The Big Smoke. One day Matthews too can leave Toronto and see what a second round feels like.

Maybe he leaves to Arizona after they win the Jack Hughes derby and AZ instantly becomes a contender team with Matthews putting Mcdavid's numbers :sarcasm:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Classic case of overrating/overvaluation. Matthews is still getting into his prime and will be a top C in the league, but he becomes overrated if you consider him a generational player like analysts on NHL Network say he is. You can build your franchise around him, but he’s not better than Mackinon.

Avs decline.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Matthews can hope to be McKinnon but could end up like Druin. Sad but true!

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Claims to not be invested.

Refutes any point about MacKinnon with extreme investment.
I like Matthews better, wouldn't cry if the trade happens as a Leafs fan, wouldn't be happy either.

But just adore the emotional policing posts on this thread or any thread for that matter, speaks volumes.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
I mean, Mackinnon had one great season but I’m not going to bank on him repeating it by trading Matthews.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Matthews has not out scored Draisaitl yet some TML fans consider him on McDavid's level and many say they would not trade Matthews for McDavid . This is going to get ugly

We're all winners bro, love watching McDavideos and Matthews. Game is in great shape

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Colorado accepts if I’m being honest. Matthews is 3 years younger and has been more consistent. At least for me I take Matthews. Mackinnon had a huge season but he’s always had that potential. I see Matthews using his skills a bit more efficiently. Is mackinnon a 100 point player or a 60 point player? Probably somewhere in between.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Matthews career potential is pretty much what Mack did last year. Pretty easy 'no' from Colorado. Toronto would have to think about this but also says 'no'

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
The Avalanche would be dumb to reject that.

No reason. But it's as good a reason as any others given so far in here..

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
How is it a pretty easy "no" based on a career year that MacKinnon is unlikely to repeat?

180129_ph-crystal-ball.12950.jpg

Reactions: Soedy

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Who’d Mackinnon play in those playoffs? Was it the President Trophy winners and the best shutdown centre in hockey the following year? I sincerely doubt it

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I find it hilarious people keep saying Mackinnon's contract is so good. You realize the reason his contract is good is because he'll be a UFA earlier right? I'd easily rather have Matthews for 9 years than Mackinnon for 5 years and then face the unknowns of UFA status. Almost double the amount of time. The problem with getting no results for your first 5 seasons, the length of your contract shortens when you start showing value. Leafs will have Matthews locked in for 9 years and it gives them a much much greater cup window.

Last edited:

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
There's only 1 player in the league the leafs would trade Matthews for and I'm pretty sure even Chia wouldn't trade McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad